Quality of life index 2009

Guy! Envy you! You are living in the most cheepest place around the world! LOL))) And what about Thailand and others asians countries? I think that a half pound of garlic sausage cost there less than: $1.60 :cap:

France is a great place but not to smoke cigar unfortunately :)

True and True. Thank goodness for the Cubana Cafe.

I moved to Paris after living twenty years in NYC (Brooklyn). Sometimes people ask if I miss NYC. Although I eventually want to go back to the US, I don't really miss it. I can't speak for all of France but Paris sure has a lot to recommend it.

I'e never been, but would love to experience it sometime. I have a cousin who went to college in France and now lives in Paris married to an AirFrance pilot. She loves it there.

Guy! Envy you! You are living in the most cheepest place around the world! LOL))) And what about Thailand and others asians countries? I think that a half pound of garlic sausage cost there less than: $1.60 ;)

Hi

I guess it's not very polite to use "shithole" in a first post so I will abstain. Lived several years in Bangkok and it's cheap indeed but it's a different planet from Paris - and not for the best imo. Upcountry Thailand is even worse, quite a backward country.

Back in Paris and it's nice indeed although I have no idea where the study got its rates from. Paris is the 2nd most expensive city in the world for business tavellers and around 12th most expensive for residents. 10usd get you a 2 course lunch ?? 1 sandwich and a canned drink maybe... as of 100 000USD real estate in Paris ? about 6sqm in a posh area, possibly 15 in the seediest parts, one might find such a penthouse a little cramped. Great city anyway but not as cheap as the study would have us think.

Upcountry is quite a bit cheaper and often very attractive.

Noticed as well Switzerland made second, great country, would move back to Zurich in a heartbeat if had any good business opportunity there. Good ol' Europe !

Not much surprise about Oz good rating, Sydney regulary comes very high in this kind of study and I guess the country as a whole must also be fairly pleasant - if you could just float your island closer to our shores we could hook up more often :)

Hi

I guess it's not very polite to use "shithole" in a first post so I will abstain. Lived several years in Bangkok and it's cheap indeed but it's a different planet from Paris - and not for the best imo.

Upcountry Thailand is even worse, quite a backward country.

Quite an arrogant opinion you are implying,

which is why I rather fly Ryanair over that expensive seedy "shithole" planet of yours than drive the autoroute southbound.

Comparing fresh mangos with rotten cheese - :D

Quite an arrogant opinion you are implying,

which is why I rather fly Ryanair over that expensive seedy "shithole" planet of yours than drive the autoroute southbound.

Comparing fresh mangos with rotten cheese - :cowpoop:

Well, if you enjoy Ryanair than indeed you might feel OK with Thailand quality of life B)