Colibri Hybrid Lighter

I've seen this lighter on a couple of accessory sites, and there is a small write up and video on CA's site. I know that Colibri has had some problems,

but I'm wondering if any members have seen or handled this lighter. As I usually smoke outside, I've long ago retired my Zippo, and only use a torch.

As this lighter is a combination soft flame / torch, it would fill a niche nicely. I've also come to the conclusion that I'm not one for a lot of "toys" - besides

we can't all have a slew of DuPonts.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Have not tried this model out, however have not had much success with Colibri in general. Gave up on them a couple of years back. Come to think of it, I haven't been happy with any of my torch lighters (st dupont included). I've switched almost exclusively to DJeep lighters (cheap and last forever) and my Alec Bradley table top (looks like a lab bunsen burner).

Colibri are not dependable or durable. If my memory serves me right, they are no longer in business.

Try Vector!

Looked like this was going to be the case as they closed their doors early last year; however their intellectual property and products were purchased by CST Enterprises and reborn in summer of 2009 putting the Colibri brand and some of their past employees back in business.

Heartfelt Industries sells Blue Rhino Duel Flame (soft and torch). you press a button to toggle between the two flames. very well made. I use it all the time when smoking inside. I like to toast the foot with the torch and get it going with the regular flame. but it's the least wind-resistent lighter I've ever tried. great, but only useful indoors.

Hi Ross!

I've had a couple of Colibri torches in the past - mostly gifts that were given to me - and none of them have lasted very long. While I haven't tried this particular model, I would be wary.

I do have a Dupont Extend that I splurged on a few years ago that has held up well.

Best lighter I've had was a Blazer Micro Torch that stood up to 9 or 10 years of regular use, and when it finally gave up the ghost, the mechanism still worked, but the ignition button had been clicked so many times that it wore out and broke off.

I tend to be of the school that says that a specific tools for specific purposes are usually better than one tool trying to be too many things.

Then again, those o/u .410/.22 lr gadgets are pretty cool. Bad for lighting cigars though - scorched wrappers and whot. :)

I've seen this lighter on a couple of accessory sites, and there is a small write up and video on CA's site. I know that Colibri has had some problems,

but I'm wondering if any members have seen or handled this lighter. As I usually smoke outside, I've long ago retired my Zippo, and only use a torch.

As this lighter is a combination soft flame / torch, it would fill a niche nicely. I've also come to the conclusion that I'm not one for a lot of "toys" - besides

we can't all have a slew of DuPonts.

Thanks for any thoughts.

I love Duponts as objects of beauty and use a 007 model regularly at home. The standard flame is too delicate for me for general use and my go to lighter is a Zippo with a torch insert. You may want to try the torch inserts for your Zippo Ross. I have had two of them in two Zippos that have lasted me for years. I really like them and I get to use a Zippo! -P

I recently bought the Blazer EVO. Dual flame with a built in cigar punch. Probably about 30% bigger than a standard Zippo, but I'm guessing (from the amount time it took to fill) the fuel capacity is bigger than the PB-207.

Tried it a few times so far and haven't had any issues. Just don't adjust the flame control to maximum after refilling! Damn thing shot out a tongue of flame 8" long!!

imagesm_L10259a.jpg

Ross..

I haven't used or seen one for that matter, but I have seen these written up. It is an attractive lighter and for a c-note, give it a try. Colibri didn't enjoy a great rep in the past, but it is under new managment. Enjoying a cigar entails more than just the cigar, it includes the lighting process as well, and a good lighter is essential. Like you, I have a Blazer PB-207 that never fails me, but I also have a Dunhill Turbo Sport and an ST Dupon Maxijet. It's nice to have a few options. Try it and if you don't like it, you can always sell it to someone on eBay.