Happy New Year everyone!

Tricrescent

Been exploring and enjoying this forum for a few weeks now every chance I got! I'm starting off the new year joining you guys for some great cigars and comeraderie. Started smoking cigars a little over a year ago, instantly fell in love with it, love the social aspect, and now feel the need to move up to CCs and treat my palate to a wider and more interesting ride. [Have gotten somewhat bored with the NCs and feel there's more to cigars than what NCs offer, as there is with wine, scotch (Lagavulin and Laphroiag are my favorites) and good pipe tobacco]. Your descriptions of the CCs have me salivating, and the general cigar education I've picked up here has enhanced my enjoyment of this part of life considerably.

Welcome to FOH.....:wink2:

PS: two great choices in malts. As you like the Laphroiag 10yo, you should try the Ardbeg Uigeadail...its a cask strength (54.2%) that will blow your socks off.

Thanks, Trevor. I looked up this scotch and will get it this week. Here"s what I found:

2009 World Whiskey of the Year. F. Paul Pacult's List of the Scotch Whiskies to be Drinking in 2007. Ardbeg Uigeadail (pronounced Oog-a-dal) takes its name from the brooding, mysterious loch that provides the peat-laden water for Ardbeg. It is a special vatting of casks matured in bourbon barrels and many older sherry casks. The older casks bring luscious, sweet, raisiny tones to the unique Ardbeg taste. Only a few bottles available! Michael Jackson's tasting notes: "Nose: Intensely smoky. Dry, clean, tangy smoke. Like standing downwind of the barbecue while steaks are char-grilled on the beach; Palate: Firm, very smooth, then explodes on the tongue; Finish: Hot. Alcoholic. A shock to the system; Comment:The elemental opposite of the sophisticated Lord of the Isles." 9 1/4 points from Whisky Magazine! Non chill-filtered 54.2% abv.

Sounds amazing, thanks!

I visited your website and it"s what I've been looking for to make sense of date and factory codes. Will be reading and referring to it daily for awhile.

Joe