Bolivar Double Corona -- Middle East

I have had a box of this 2007 Regional Edicion sitting in my humidor here at the office since acquiring it back in 2007 or early 2008. I haven't tried one yet. Early reports were that they were mild and somewhat boring -- and certainly not very Bolivar-like.

I am thinking about taking one home to enjoy on New Years Day tomorrow. Has anyone smoked one recently enough to recommend whether they are "ready" or not?

I haven't, but what are you waiting for? If the weather is decent enough...light her up. You're never going to know until you try it.

Van,

I heard same thing about these although I was told a few months ago that they were improving. Glad I passed and loaded up on Simones. Fairly true to Bolivar Marca in terms of flavour profile. At least more than other Boli RE's

I haven't, but what are you waiting for? If the weather is decent enough...light her up. You're never going to know until you try it.

You make a good point. But I hate to waste a cigar by smoking it at a time when I will really not enjoy it -- at least if it has potential and seems to be improving with age.

Van,

I haven't had one since early last year...and they were improving. The earlier mild and somewhat bland taste associated with them on release had been replaced by a medium bodied, quite flavorful cigar. Not full bodied or flavorful like its CE or BBF brethren, but quite good. My fear is they might have entered a maturation period at this point.

Simones Yes !!! Bolivar Double Corona no !! i had a handfull and all were bland to me no age is going to help go out and get Partagas Lusi 08 and enjoy right out of the box and pay a fraction of the price !!! Enjoy and Happy New Year !!!

I have had a box of this 2007 Regional Edicion sitting in my humidor here at the office since acquiring it back in 2007 or early 2008. I haven't tried one yet. Early reports were that they were mild and somewhat boring -- and certainly not very Bolivar-like.

I am thinking about taking one home to enjoy on New Years Day tomorrow. Has anyone smoked one recently enough to recommend whether they are "ready" or not?

Mild & somewhat boring is an accurate evaluation. An 08 Lusi is a more flavorful DC.

first one I had in 07, meh...

last one I had a few months back. WOW. tasted like roasted nuts,, smooth, creamy , delish. Can't say its a "Boli" profile or not, but I really enjoyed the cigar.

I liked the fact that is was not a strong cigar. it was, for me , very balanced

I had great expectations for the Boli DC, but it's just too mild for my taste. I don't mind mild in a smaller cigar, but in a DC size I want medium to full body & more flavor development. For a big Boli, he BCG is much more satisfying.

AES9 Just stick with the 10 ct boxes of Lusi's !!! Cab 50ct are overrated non sense and thiers no differance !!! But better ones have been coming out of the 10ct boxes also with differant boxes you have less of a chance of a bad box.. Enjoy !!!

I love the Bolivar DC that I have, they are different to what you would expect from a bolivar but that's the whole idea behind the RE! I love them and they are full bodied, cream honey and sugar cane with an overtone of roasted coffee. The longer they are agin in my humidor the better they are getting.

Well folks, I opted not to smoke the Boli DC over the weekend. First, it was way too cold in my detached garage to smoke a cigar this big. Second, I left the damned thing on my desk at the office. I guess it's dry-boxed suitably now, but it's still too cold to smoke it. It went back in the humidor until the weather eases a bit.