Christmas Cigar/Drink Update 2

Finished off the traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings and accompanied by a Simi Chardonay. As usual, overate to the brink of exploding. So, feeling stuffed and riding a Tryptophan current, I toddled off to the garage armed with my Cuba Libre CD, a glass of Barbancourt on the rocks and Romeo Short Churchill. Excellent deep rich tobacco flavors, with copious amount of smoke that hit the spot. Can't wait for the days finale.

Forgot to complete the days smoke and drink combo. Finished with Matusalem Gran Reserva on the rocks and a PSD4. Sublime combo, the PSD4 although youthful was incredibly rich, balanced and complex. Dominated by rich tobacco, cedar, black cherry, nutmeg and nutty flavors. The Matusalem was perfect partner, with base notes of vanilla, cream and carmelized sugars.

My good friend came over Christmas Eve and brought the party with him. We started off with 2 Juan Escobar custom rolled robusos that I picked up last year,and WOW are they still strong. VERY rich, earthy, and leathery, and still one of the top Cubans I have smoked in the last few years. After dinner, my buddy broke open a bottle of the Grand Marnier 150 and also cracked open his book humidor of the Partagas XV Anniversary.....it celebrated the 15th anniversary of the LCDH in the Partagas factory in Habana. See pictures below. Slightly firm draw, the cigar opened up a tad muted, but after an inch or so it developed cedary, slightly spicy notes. Medium bodied overall, and I was not as impressed as I thought I would be, but it was a great experience nonetheless. My wife, on the other hand, smoked a Partagas D4 Grand Reserva, and she absolutely loved it (yeah she is VERY spoiled when it comes to cigars :party: ). It was a great evening with a great wife, great friend, fantastic food, and great cigars......oh yeah, my friend smoked a Davidoff Dom Perignon as his after dinnner cigar.

th_IMG00009-20091224-1950.jpg

th_IMG00010-20091224-1951.jpg

Note the bottle of Grand Marnier 150 in the background

th_IMG00011-20091224-1953.jpg

th_IMG00013-20091224-2022.jpg