Back from Down Under

Well, as I mentioned in a previous post, I took a trip to Australia earlier this month.

post-1673-1261770786.jpg

Sydney, the Hunter Valley, Hamilton Island and the Great Barrier Reef. Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Byron Bay. Alice Springs then Ayers Rock/Uluru.

Fantastic time! It's an amazing country with fun and friendly people. Wish I had more time though.

Enjoyed a couple of fine smokes at Cohibar in Darling Harbour but found it very difficult to find places to smoke in Queensland. Thank the lord for hotel balconies!

While I did get by the Czar House, it was unfortunate that the only day I was in Brisbane was a Saturday and apparently nobody was home. The upstairs balcony looked like it might be a nice place for a smoke though.

Catch you next time Rob.

Happy Christmas all.

Mike

Sounds like a top trip mate. Quick question aswell, how pricey are the cigars in cohibar? I have yet to go there but it looks like a nice place for a kick back after work or something. I would expect the prices to be through to roof due to the location..

'Sounds like a top trip mate. Quick question aswell, how pricey are the cigars in cohibar? I have yet to go there but it looks like a nice place for a kick back after work or something. I would expect the prices to be through to roof due to the location..'

About 40 AUD for a Partagas Serie D no. 4 as I recall. Not really too bad based on the retail prices I experienced whilst in Oz.

The bartender is quite the artiste though so, along with the nice "scenery", it is worth the price of admisson.