Habanos s.a. Deletions List (again)

It's too bad that some have either missed my point or have chosen to take this thread in a different direction than I hoped.

And to me this is just another glaring example of consumers being sold short - and for some reason, it seems especially Americans. How many

Cuban sublimes are sold in the U.S. versus the Middle East, Asia, and the rest of the globe?

It baffles me every time I hear Americans this, Americans that, when I know I'm American and nobody asked me. And Piggy, you are correct -

fashions come and go, but classic never goes out of style. Unfortunately, it does seem that those in the Cuban cigar industry with decision making

power are well behind in their thinking when it comes to trends.

And to me this is just another glaring example of consumers being sold short - and for some reason, it seems especially Americans. How many

Cuban sublimes are sold in the U.S. versus the Middle East, Asia, and the rest of the globe?

It baffles me every time I hear Americans this, Americans that, when I know I'm American and nobody asked me. And Piggy, you are correct -

fashions come and go, but classic never goes out of style. Unfortunately, it does seem that those in the Cuban cigar industry with decision making

power are well behind in their thinking when it comes to trends.

All that is left is joining the "I hate Tabacuba Fanclub!" - the disheartened Pig

Again I like small gauge cigars very much so and have easily smoked over a thousand of them in my time.And hope some of you gents get what you want in the long run..

But why is everyone made at HSA when they are going by numbers maybe some of you gents just don't get it ? World wide sales over all show little interest in these cigars so why make something that only a handful of people smoke?This is a business and if sales are not good cut away its common sense and its the way it is with any company.

It seems some of you are angry for the wrong reasons and its just things changing with time.Hell their is some 46 and 47 ring gauge cigars that are getting cut to not just thin ring gauge but no one mentions that because a lot of you have no interest in them.But sales are sales and numbers don't lie and sometimes its not fair but that's the way it is..

And about the thin gauge cigars in the US it was a trend just like monster gauges cigars back in the late 1990's.In NYC 2 years ago they were very big and it was the in thing but most have gone back to Robusto and Torps or CG sized cigars.Even most NC blenders say these sizes give you the best overall smoking experience of a cigar and use them to judge their blends and not thin Gauge.

Again i am not against any of the thin gauge lovers but you have to see it from both ends...

Jimmy I understand market economics better than most.

However here we have a situation where a manufacturing company butchers quality control of thin Gauge cigars, does no promotion of thin gauge cigars, and then deletes 50 - 100 years of history because they do not sell.

That is what is being complained about. An assasin could not do a better job.

let it be clear. Should long skinnies be deleted by HSA I will retail long skinny Non Cubans that I enjoy. I will do so simply to prove a point to HSA. I will start with the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero. I may need a number !LOL!

I understand what you saying Rob but its just not thin gauge that are being cut there are other larger ones too I don't think they are singling one particular size.Just whats not selling

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero who was the person to give you one your first one in Queens... :rotfl:

I am so tired of the market driven argument. It is as trite as me bitching about cigar cuts. If it made 'economic sense' would you say **** Habanos and sell the tobacco to the Asians to roll cigarettes with? If that was a viable economic solution would you sit back and revel in the righteousness of it? **** no you wouldn't. We understand the profit motive over here. We just question it. If a monkey hits the hottest stock by throwing a dart at a list do you make him CFO? Like monkeys these guys have no free market management skills (MHO). The act of killing a living segment of the market to service an ever more saturated segment is not the answer. If it was, Habanos should have had a banner year. Instead they cut more cigars that do sell to some people and raised prices. Do any of you really have faith that these guys have a clue?

I think the car analogies are awful but here is one for you. Cancel the Camero and get taken over by the US government!!! Gee whiz... the Camero is back!!! Markets change and it costs cents not millions to produce a cigar. One can point a finger at any product line; it is easier to point it at a product line than the management. Cigars are not cars. There is no where near the skill necessary to run a cigar company as there is to run an auto giant. H SA is not losing money on smaller ring cigars; they just don't make as much as they do with larger ones. But guess what, the biggest sellers are machine mades and petit coronas! That should tell them something. They should bag the Siglo-6 and just make machine mades and the Monte 4 if you follow the "market" approach. There is simply more to the equation than the 10 cigars that sell the most, yet that it the path that they are following.

There is no shortage of tobacco or the free labor to roll them. This move is not a move of marketing genius it is a bunch of boobs throwing darts a board. What they don't understand is that smoking tobacco is becoming less popular, the competition is getting better and they are alienating their best, most loyal clients. Call it market driven... I call it a disaster. I am looking forward to the day that there is a good cigar rolled outside of Cuba. When that day comes H SA can FO! - the Pig