Top Tipper site down

So does this just mean the whole thing is off, then? Just cancelled? Or is there going to be an attempt to salvage the competition? Couldn't we just carry on from where we were, leaving off this one week, and finish off the last two weeks here on the forum?

We are dealing / playing on 3rd party software so it is not easy. There is a possibility they will have it back up and running but I don't know if it will be today/tomorrow/next week. They will no doubt e-mail all players when it is back up (currently they haven't got that ability which leads one to think they are some way off).

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve here. Then we are shut until the 4th and I am away until the 9th. To try and do a manual system is not going to work given the time restraints. A month earlier we could have done something.

If it comes back online then we will have the remaining season/playoffs but that is the best that can be done. if it doesn't the prize will go to the current leader. If tied it will be split.

We will find a new platform for next year ether way. In the 4 years that we have run the comp through Top Tipper this has not occured so we were taken by surprise as much as anyone else.

Understood, and thank you for hosting this, whether or not we're able to complete it as planned. It has made the season a lot more interesting for us, as it makes you care about games you couldn't have cared less about otherwise. You're right, the idea of trying to do it manually with 100 people is crazy. Hopefully everything will be working again soon, and if not, then it was still fun.

Prez...take a look at CBSspots.com. Have been using them for near a decade now with no problems. Easer to use and understand intergace than Top Tipper as well. Give it a look. Details are under the Fantasy tab. Good luck.

Looks like it's still a little screwy, though. Only Thursday's game from last week posted. All others are listed as if the games haven't been played yet.

Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted...

Guest RobertU

Worked for me, I think. I even had the opportunity to enter my picks for last week, though only the Indy game registered as already played - the rest show up like they haven't been played yet. The other weird thing is that the site is back to the old design.