Trip to Melbourne!

Dear all,

I'm coming to Melbourne at the end of the month for a whopping three week indulgence of food, culture, warm weather and outdoor smoking!

A couple of questions before I get there (in order of importance)

1. Where are the best places for smoking a stogie there? I've heard of Siglo bar. Anything else?

2. Any members want to catch up for a smoke? I'll be there with my Russian g/f who is also an avid cigar smoker (i.e. we can't do anything TOO blokey)

3. Any other places (restaurants/bars/clubs) where one simply MUST go when in Melbourne. Can be high-end, cheapo - anything which is unavoidable

4. Planning a trip to Sydney for a couple of days also. Same as question 3 - what are the best places there for relaxing?

Hopefully I'll also get the opportunity to drop in to Brisbane to check out Czar's! Still working on the itenerary however.

Thanks all in advance!

K495

Dear all,

I'm coming to Melbourne at the end of the month for a whopping three week indulgence of food, culture, warm weather and outdoor smoking!

A couple of questions before I get there (in order of importance)

1. Where are the best places for smoking a stogie there? I've heard of Siglo bar. Anything else?

2. Any members want to catch up for a smoke? I'll be there with my Russian g/f who is also an avid cigar smoker (i.e. we can't do anything TOO blokey)

3. Any other places (restaurants/bars/clubs) where one simply MUST go when in Melbourne. Can be high-end, cheapo - anything which is unavoidable

4. Planning a trip to Sydney for a couple of days also. Same as question 3 - what are the best places there for relaxing?

Hopefully I'll also get the opportunity to drop in to Brisbane to check out Czar's! Still working on the itenerary however.

Thanks all in advance!

K495

Hi K.

1: I have to agree, Siglo bar (Supper club) and Tuscan Bar are good options.

Siglo is located at level 2, 161 Spring Street Melbourne:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/entertainmen...0857822184.html

LHsiglo1_080512040024910_wideweb__300x300.jpg

Tuscan bar is located Level 1, 79 Bourke St Melbourne VIC 3000 - Phone (03) 9671 3322:

http://www.tuscanbar.com.au/

2: When exactly are you arriving to Melbourne? I myself am taking leave at the very end of December and heading off to Chile on 5th January. Send me a PM if you like and we can catch up for a stogie or two at Tuscan dependant on your arrival. They also serve great meals there.

3: There are many great restaurants in Melbourne. Whats great about this city is that you can venture off and walk throughout the main streets however Melbournes laneways have many great spots for drinks and food.

One of my favourite places to eat is at: "The Mill" address; 71 Hardware Lane Melbourne - 03 9600 1454 (Take a look at the links provided). Beneath The Mill is another fantastic place called: "Charlies bar"

http://www.themillrestaurant.com.au/

http://www.charliesbar.com.au/

I hope you enjoy your trip down here in Oz and feel free to PM should you have any questions. Hopefully we can meet and have a drink and a stogie.

Regards,

Michael. :cowpoop:

1. Post picture of Russian Girlfriend :cowpoop:

2. Siglo Bar is one of my favourite places in the country to have a cigar. There may be more but I am not a Melbourne local.

3. I will be away until 9th of January but if you can wing it, would love to do a video revew with you and your Russian Girlfriend :mad:

3. I will be away until 9th of January but if you can wing it, would love to do a video revew with you and your Russian Girlfriend :cowpoop:

I will be in Melbourne on the 15 of Jan. However will be on the deck while Rob is away welcoming all guests.

Gents, that's some great help.

Mika, I'll be in Melb from the 23.12 - 12.10. If you're there, I'll gladly meet up for a smoke!

Rob, there's a chance for us to be in Bris on the 10th at the very latest, but that's a Sunday. Anyway, if it works out - video review - yes. Will take some serious willpower to convince my g/f though... She knows the forum is 99% blokes...

Smithy - you're on the deck while Rob is away? Hmm, that's potentially interesting... As far as I know Smithy, you normally get stuck into all the stock while Rob's away, right? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we had a terrific evening at Siglo. There are some phone camera pics we may add later. :D

Roger and Alessia met me there and we were in luck that Melbourne turned on a warm night with nary a breeze. Great cigars, great drinks, great conversation. Great company.

It's amazing how you can meet up with someone from this forum who has lived and worked on the other side of the world to find out things like we both did the same degree at Uni of Melb, though some years apart. The hours just flew by.

Started off with an HdM Petit Robusto from Nov 05 which was ok but was really looking forward to the inaugural torching of the Mag 48 ELs Jul 09 I bought along. Got those going and was most impressed that Alessia was as enthusiastic a smoker as Roger and me. In fact he tells me it was Alessia who got him fully into the cigars. He's a lucky, lucky man. The ELs though young were delivering heaps of creamy leathery flavour. Why did they make these so short?

Then it was onto the CoRos which Roger and Alessia brought along. Very fine smoke sourced recently from Czar, obviously top quality but if we had the time again would have started off with the CoRo then moved to the H. Upmanns.

To Roger and the lovely Alessia it was my pleasure, hope to meet up again someday.

Mike :clap:

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Looking forward to the pictures. It is amazing how cigars can bring people together and allow strangers to become fast friends. Definitely one of the best things about smoking cigars....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Melbourne right now and smoking a cigar in a great venue.

Collins Quater (on Collins st, but has a back entry off Little Collins st). This place is great! Beautifully spacious and elegant venue, great drinks menu, classy snack and meal menu and great staff. The cigar list is small yet ample... but you can bring your own. I'm coming back tonight for sure.

I'm in Melbourne right now and smoking a cigar in a great venue.

Collins Quater (on Collins st, but has a back entry off Little Collins st). This place is great! Beautifully spacious and elegant venue, great drinks menu, classy snack and meal menu and great staff. The cigar list is small yet ample... but you can bring your own. I'm coming back tonight for sure.

little collins, what a great street! awesome coffee and snacks. stayed in a backpackers there for a week while watching aussies play india 07/08 boxing day test

yeah, totally agree. I'm 5 mins away from finishing an SLR Pacificos RE (beaut cigar btw) and really enjoy the atmosphere here. Will return for sure!

Spiro, I'm already back in Moscow mate! UNFORTUNATELY! :)

Wanted to say thanks to Mike (Bolivr) for driving all the way in to Melbourne from Jan Juc just to enjoy a smoke with us. Myself and my girlfriend both had a great time!

The Upmann Mag 48s provided by Mike were the highlight cigar of the entire trip to Oz! (well.. with the exception of the Bolivar Gold Medal - which was incidentally gifted by Cigarros! Love you, man!)

I'd recommend you guys catching up more often.

Mike, if you're ever in Moscow, you know where to find us.

Spiro, I'm already back in Moscow mate! UNFORTUNATELY! :)

Wanted to say thanks to Mike (Bolivr) for driving all the way in to Melbourne from Jan Juc just to enjoy a smoke with us. Myself and my girlfriend both had a great time!

The Upmann Mag 48s provided by Mike were the highlight cigar of the entire trip to Oz! (well.. with the exception of the Bolivar Gold Medal - which was incidentally gifted by Cigarros! Love you, man!)

I'd recommend you guys catching up more often.

Mike, if you're ever in Moscow, you know where to find us.

Roger! Greetings! Welcome back in cold Russia! :peace: Join to invitation - if you're ever in St-Petersburg gimmy info! :)