Moist-N-Aire unit?

acidmase

Pretty much use beads/pucks. I thought about getting something like this or an Oasis, but after reading a lot of the other threads, I realized they can be time consuming, and there are too many variables (things that can go wrong.) Ive never had a problem with the beads, keeps the humi at 65%

Moist-N-Aire is way out of the league from beads and pucks. It all depends on the size humi you have. Any active electronic is just a no brainier for accurate conditions. The Moist-N-Aire is a bit bulky and the electronics haven't been updated since there inception. The Cigar oasis is as good as the Hydra Cigar Humidifier but you can add as many as 4, 2 inch viscus fans for circulation and thats a big plus. They will also handle a 16 cf humi and hold any given % and warn you if there is a drop or needs water. There is also a smaller size for up to 8cf. The set and forget is most incredible but is expensive and does the same job. What size humi do you have in CF?

I haven't had any experience with any units other than Cigar Oasis. They suck...constant mold issues. Lost many a cigar experimenting with these units.

Thats horrible. What one did you have and what size humi do you have? I hate to hear that because I personally know of over 80 in use with little to no problems. Plus they back there product 100%. The only reason for mold would be the cartridge was refilled more times that recommended, in direct sunlight or the humidor got warm (over 78° F). Warm temperatures promote mold and infestation. The most important issue is not using pure distilled water will surely cause a problem with mold every time. Mine has been in place for over 3 years with zero problems. I have tested more than 10 systems and the actives are second to none. I also did a mod on mine and replaced the green oasis foam with polymer crystals in every one of my devices that had the foam. Even the small round and rectangles perform flawlessly and last least twice as long. That was almost 2 years ago. Moreover I can go 6+ months and not add distilled water to any humi. What's funny is they now sell them with crystals in the small plastic units 2 years after I tested it and it worked. I have posted it on many forums and sent many BOTL the crystals to convert there devices. 1 tablespoon makes a full quart when water is added.

Where did u guys purchase your beads? And how do I calucate how many ounces of beads I need?

You can try CigarMony.com. He is a fellow FOHer. Decent prices as well. Kitty litter is the more economical option.

Thats horrible. What one did you have and what size humi do you have? I hate to hear that because I personally know of over 80 in use with little to no problems. Plus they back there product 100%. The only reason for mold would be the cartridge was refilled more times that recommended, in direct sunlight or the humidor got warm (over 78° F). Warm temperatures promote mold and infestation. The most important issue is not using pure distilled water will surely cause a problem with mold every time. Mine has been in place for over 3 years with zero problems. I have tested more than 10 systems and the actives are second to none. I also did a mod on mine and replaced the green oasis foam with polymer crystals in every one of my devices that had the foam. Even the small round and rectangles perform flawlessly and last least twice as long. That was almost 2 years ago. Moreover I can go 6+ months and not add distilled water to any humi. What's funny is they now sell them with crystals in the small plastic units 2 years after I tested it and it worked. I have posted it on many forums and sent many BOTL the crystals to convert there devices. 1 tablespoon makes a full quart when water is added.

I used a couple Cigar Oasis Ultras in a 150 ct humidor. I never used them long enough to have to refill the original cartridge they came with. I think I have several refill cartridges still. I just figured I would use a new cartridge rather than refill the old one to be safe. Just an overall bad experience.

I used a couple Cigar Oasis Ultras in a 150 ct humidor. I never used them long enough to have to refill the original cartridge they came with. I think I have several refill cartridges still. I just figured I would use a new cartridge rather than refill the old one to be safe. Just an overall bad experience.

I have the XL Plus in my desktop and the Oasis II XL in my cabinet humi. Been using them for about 3 years and never had an issue. They seem to maintain everything perfectly for several months with no intervention. In fact, I usually end up recharging them about twice a year and it turns out that's before it's required. I don't think they have ever run dry.

I do know that they give very specific instructions for recharging the XL Plus. You have to be very careful to drain all of the standing water after the cartridge has been saturated. If you didn't do that you may have set up a condition where mold might thrive or the unit will over humidify. Doesn't seem to be an issue with the Oasis II. The unit holds about 50 ounces of water and they just say to top it off when it dries out. I don't have any experience with the Ultras.

I use a moist n aire in my cabinet. The adjustments are for ****. Either it won't shut off or it wont come on. I have to turn it off and on throughout the day to get a consistent RH.

Kind of defeats the purpose of having an active humidifier. Why not do something else?

• 2 weeks later...
Yea I'm gonna go with the cigar oasis XL!

Good luck with it. My Oasis XL created a mold situation on my cigars and in my humidor.