Cabinet Humidor

acidmase

I would recommend a thermoelectric wine fridge as well. if the temperature in your room that you keep your humidor in is above 18-19deg C or so the wine fridge is your best bet.

also you could out grow that humidor sooner than you think, that was the case with me...

...although they do cost 5-10x as much as what you linked us to.

Regular old coolers coupled with a passive humidification system (beads, gel, etc) are one of the most cost effective ways to store cigars, especially as you build a collection. 90% of the time, the first 3-4 cigar storage device purchases are replaced by larger units pretty quickly...if you go with coolers you are not out much $ when upgrading.

I was just thinking couldn’t I just run a cooler with a cigar oasis?

Do you mean a cooler or a fridge? A fridge can be touchy. There's lots of good info on converting a fridge here and elsewhere on the web.

Your profile says you're 22. If you're just starting out I'd say a regular Coleman cooler with some beads is probably your best bet for now. Put it in a closet or basement and spend your money on cigars. Works well for lots of people and worked well for me for years.

That’s what I’m doing my friends has a Coleman cooler, it’s about a hundred something quarts. He has been using it for almost 2 years without a problem. I found a cooler lying around my house now I’m buying a Humi-Care unit from cigar international and I should be all set to go!

Another question of mine is what percent humidity I should run the cooler at? I heard people tell me several different things. I was going to set it for about 65% humidity.

Most prefer 65%, maybe a bit lower for Cubans. Start at 65% and see how things go. The electronic units can be very inaccurate, so make adjustments over time. Let it stabilize for at least 30 days before making adjustments up or down depending on the condition of your cigars.