new guy from Boston

jgmiller829

Hey,

New guy here from Boston. I've been smoking cigars since I was 19 and have been smoking cubans since I was 21 (I'm 23 now). I go down to the Caribbean every winter with my family and my Dad always tried buying the cheapest "Cubans" from just about anywhere. Obviously he was getting screwed so I never thought too much of Cubans because we were smoking crappy fakes. I finally found a Casa del Habanos and was blown away with a real Montecristo #2. Since then I've decided to start a collection. This forum looks great and I'm happy to join the group. I've tried most vitolas made since 2008 except for a couple of the smaller ring gauge cigars (I like cigars 46 and up) and the limitadas. My favorite cigars are medium to full-bodied, so its not surprising to hear that my favorite Cuban is the Bolivar Belicoso Fino. I also enjoy Partagas Serie P No. 2, Cohiba Siglo VI, Cohiba Maduro 5 genios, Monte #2, H Upmann Magnum 50, VR unicos. I recently had a Montecristo Sublime limitada and couldn't believe how great it was. Anyway, happy to join here, anyone else here around my age? I know I'm pretty young to be smoking cigars let alone Cubans. Most people my age like to spend their money on smoking "other stuff," but I like remembering my smoking experience, ha

- Jon

Welcome Jon!

I was 23 about 18 years ago. Guess that doesn't count though...

(I like cigars 46 and up)

Try keeping an open mind about the narrower gauges is all I'll say about that. :rotfl:

Enjoy your time here. It's a unique place.

Welcome!

I'm in Boston as well and also your age (23). I know a few other guys in the same age group who are "serious" along with myself. We go to Stanzas in the North End every so often, and will have to meet up in the future at some point.

I am going to have to break you out of the big ring gauge only habit. You're missing out on a lot! :hungry:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard, Jon...

Boston is absolutely one of the greatest cities in the USA....got to know it pretty well attending school in Cambridge for a few years..just an awesome 'little'big city - very manageable to embrace and get to know.....

You've found a great spot here with Rob, Lisa, Smitty and the gang... Plenty of great and very knowledgeable people here and our host runs one of the absolutely BEST places to really let you experience the best that the world of Habana cigars has available today...

Welcome to FOH.

You are already one of the gang.

P.S. Small ring smokes are strictly for us older guys.

When you turn forty, you may be issued a licence, if your application is accepted...