Kada Rone - humidor with climate control

Kangaroo495

In my ongoing quest to find a reasonably cheap humidor in Russia, I managed to find this beauty by "Kada Rone" (never heard of the company personally)

post-5224-1254221174.jpg

Measurement by depth | height | width - 46.5|40|26

Price - approx. $500 (USD)

Any advice for that?

Doesn't indicate how many boxes the thing can potentially hold...

Well from the picture you know it can hold about 23 boxes and 2 cabinets. That is if it is a true to scale image. I think this puppy looks sweet, and for $500 USD, I'd buy it. The beauty of it is that it looks to be built for cigars, so you don't have to go through the hassle of converting it. To be honest, I'm far from being a handyman...and the idea of having to convert a wine cooler for cigar use, just turns me off to the idea...despite how well it has worked for so many here.

Oops..Pigfish is right...those aren't boxes, but fivers...sorry. This unit is most likely very small.

Considering what is depicted in the picture appears to be a bunch of cardboard packs and not much in the way of full boxes, even if it is temperature controlled, there does not seem to be much bang for the buck here. JMHO

A closer look at those boxes and you will see that some are 5 packs of Siglo 1's, and a 10 count box of S-6's... You would be much better off keeping your powder dry for a larger cabinet and more storage potential.

Considering what is depicted in the picture appears to be a bunch of cardboard packs and not much in the way of full boxes, even if it is temperature controlled, there does not seem to be much bang for the buck here. JMHO

A closer look at those boxes and you will see that some are 5 packs of Siglo 1's, and a 10 count box of S-6's... You would be much better off keeping your powder dry for a larger cabinet and more storage potential.

Thanks mate. That's exactly why I'm on this forum - for advice like that.

Several Questions: Are those interior or exterior dimensions? Is it thermoelectric cooled? How much do you intend to store?

I believe it's outside dimensions. However, I could be wrong... It's thermo cooled (no compressor). At the moment, I've only got 35 singles due to my small desktop humidor. I would intend to add about a box a month over the next year. A little bit more maybe - depending on financial situation.