worst ever skins

i know that there will be plenty out there that have seen far more of the skins than i have managed over here but is this the worst skins team ever?

is it the coach, admin, players? to lose to detroit makes them a public joke. seriously, it is bad enough copping the reds on this side of the pond but for the redskins to collapse over there is not good timing.

over here, the bookies will run on who will be the first coach of the season sacked in the league or aussie rules. if you do the same over there, then surely zorn at very shot odds?

yet, but if i am right, things are about to get considerably better for the bucs. you play us.

The horror of having to faithfully watch that game was beyond description. Zero rushing yards in the first half? ;)

There are so many things wrong with that team I don't know where to start. And that is excluding the obvious owner/managerment. :D They did mount somewhat of a comeback but it ended up being meaningless.

Offensive line is poor. No pass rush. No reason to go on. . . :lol:

Ken - It's the owner.

Since taking over, he's hired and fired like 6 head coaches (2 of which left before their contracts were up, including Joe Gibbs and let 1 go after 1 season).

Not only that but he has been riding the fan base that was created on the back of an era when the team was winning and has done NOTHING to help retain that so fans are leaving in droves. All of his other local business have failed and this one is only hanging on because of the loyal fan base that was in place when he bought the team.

This year is a breaking year for him IMHO. He has alienated and offended so many fans now that it's finally going to come to a head and people will start hurting him where his heart is...his wallet.

Immediately after buying the team, he shopped the stadium name to the highest bidder (Fed Ex). It was named after the previous owner's 3 sons (a combination of their initials really).

He has banned tailgating to force people inside to buy his EXTREMELY overpriced food and beverages.

He bought the parking lots all around the stadium where we used to park for free and now charges for parking in those lots that are like a mile away.

He recently was busted for selling blocks of tickets to opposing team's fans (when he supposedly has a X thousand ticket waiting list). There was one Monday night game last year that was like 90% Steelers fans....crazy.

He recently started suing those who bought multiyear season ticket plans who have lost their job. The REALLY messed up part is that these down and out people are forced to pay the remainder of the years and they don't get their tickets, the Redskins turns around and sells them.

Some of the people he sued were in our military and were relocated over seas or we were relocated over seas for work.

Dozens of other sports owners went on record as saying that they have never and would never sue their fans to recoup multiyear season ticket contracts.

What else....

Oh, he charges to attend preseason practices.

He bought all the local radio sports stations so he can control what is said on them. It wasn't until recently that one of the stations changed format to all sports to combat this.

What else....thinking...thinking....

Oh, yeah. He has driven ticket prices to record highs. Just a couple of years ago (not too many after he bought the team) they were the highest in the league. (I think Dallas is highest now but they win and have a billion dollar, kick ass stadium).

And, we don't have a "real" GM. The GM is his buddy, so Snyder makes all the calls from top down (micro manage is too soft of a word).

This about this.

In the past 10 years he has hired and fired 3 times the number of coaches than the Pittsburgh Steelers have had in their entire existence. We have gone through the same amount of quarterbacks as well. Every year coaches and various players are blamed but in all these years, only 1 thing has remained constant....the owner.

We need a real GM and an owner who will let that GM run the team. Snyder bought the team as a fan but quickly turned into a greedy SOB who has no real interest in seeing the team do well nor has any interest in providing the fans with an enjoyable game day experience.

For 4 people to go to a game, it's roughly $500-600 (give or take)

He's an ass

I have been a devoted Redskins fan since 1961.

This may be the worst team ever. On the evidence so far this season, it appears that last year's 6-2 start was a fluke and the 2-6 conclusion was representative. Yet Cerrato and Snyder stood pat with an old and ineffective offensive team and a rookie coach who's displayed that he hasn't a clue.

I really like Coach Zorn and wish he would succeed, but look at this quote from today's news conference:

In the big picture, things are progressing. We're getting better. It's not coming in a win [over Detroit], but we'll continue to press on and take care of those details.

He must not be watching the same pathetic team that I am. I mean the one that can't seem to block and can't seem to tackle.

I have been a devoted Redskins fan since 1961.

This may be the worst team ever. On the evidence so far this season, it appears that last year's 6-2 start was a fluke and the 2-6 conclusion was representative. Yet Cerrato and Snyder stood pat with an old and ineffective offensive team and a rookie coach who's displayed that he hasn't a clue.

I really like Coach Zorn and wish he would succeed, but look at this quote from today's news conference:

He must not be watching the same pathetic team that I am. I mean the one that can't seem to block and can't seem to tackle.

things are progressing but not coming in a win???? he is in the right town for that - sounds more like our politicians than a coach.

and thanks to n2adventure for the detailed analysis. that is really depressing and it doesn't look like it will turn around.

things are progressing but not coming in a win???? he is in the right town for that - sounds more like our politicians than a coach.

and thanks to n2adventure for the detailed analysis. that is really depressing and it doesn't look like it will turn around.

One of the things I left off my list is how long it now takes to get to and from the stadium. I have to leave at 10:30 to make it in time for a 1:00 game (1:20 kick off) - 3 hours! When there is no game, I can make it there in about 30-40 minute. The parking is ridiculous and the parking attendants have no clue on how to efficiently get traffic in and out of the lots.

It is depressing because the fans here WANT to root for the Skins but what has transpired over the past 10 years has made it more fun to root AGAINST the owner than it has FOR the team.

My dad was on the season ticket waiting list for over 20 years (when they were at the old stadium - RFK). Once the new stadium was finished and Snyder took over, he received a call saying that his number came up.

He had season for two tickets before giving them back, he hated what the game day experience turned into as well.

As a Cowboys fan, I can't really talk. I am watching Monday Night football and my Cowboys look damn near anemic. But the Deadskins looked pretty pathetic against the Lions. If Dallas doesn't get any better we are in for two horrible division matchups against these two teams.....