long time lurker, new poster from Geelong, Aust.

spanx

G'day folks

Long time lurker and thought i'd introduce myself.

Names Brad 27 from Geelong (GO THE CATTERS)

I've only really been enjoying cigars now for about a year now, never touched cigarettes or anything either. I've found an appreciation for fine cigars and have had a few R+J's, Monte's and a couple others i can't think of off the top of my head.

Unfortunatly I don't have a big budget to experiment with Cigars as i'm on a disability pension and struggling to find work but i do make the effort to buy a cigar or 2 for a special occasion.

Whilst i'm here does anyone have any recommendations for a cigar that goes well with some beers that i can enjoy this weekend for the grand final?

Anyway great forum and a wealth of information

Cheers

Brad.

Welcome to FOH...I agree with Colt that you want something long like a Churchill or Double Corona, but not knowing where your tasted lie it can be difficult. That said, if I was going to recommend something anyway, it would probably be an HdM DC.

Welcome!

It's difficult to make a recommendation without knowing more about the cigars you've enjoyed in the past, and the style of beer you plan to pair with what you'll smoke this weekend.

With that caveat, assuming you want something fair hearty so that it doesn't get lost in the beer, Colt's suggestion of the Bolivar CG sounds good to me.

Another option would be to grab two Robusto-sized cigars - one for the first two quarters and one for the last (my vague recollection is that Aussie football is played in quarters). This would allow you a little break from nicotine if a Julieta 2 (Churchill) is too long for one sitting, and allow you to try two different cigars.

Were you to go that route, perhaps an El Rey del Mundo Epicure No. 2, followed by a Bolivar Royal Corona would work well.

Whatever you choose, enjoy!

Thanks for the sound advice. As for what i have tried Monte 2 has been my favourite so far, the R+J 2 was ok and i've also had a davidoff which wasn't bad (can't remember which it was).

And Yes! Aussie rules has 4 quarters :)

Cheers

Brad.

EDIT: as for what i plan on drinking i'm going for either Bicardi 8 or a slab of Platinum Blondes

Welcome to FOH. Seeing that you enjoyed the Monte #2 I would recommend Bolivar Royal Corona (it wont cost you too much) or Ramon Aloness Sepecially Selected.

Seeing that you haven't smoked alot of cigars I don't suggest you smoke a DC as it will be too long and you might get bored of it.

For the thinner gauge perhaps Monte Special # 2 There was a recent topic about the cigars I mentioned above and they all have chocolate/coffee tatste in them which I think you would enjoy.

Cheers,

Elie.