Mayweather vs. Marquez

Who do you guys got winning tomorrow night? I like Mayweather if I was putting money up but hope Marquez knocks him out. I would also like to see maybe a 7-9 round fight that concluded with a knock out so Mayweather can't come back and say he got caught with a lucky punch.

-Patrick

I havent watched any previews nor do I know anything about Marquez but I really just want to see a good fight. UFC has really dominated my interest and apparently the rest of the USA feels the same way.

I think it is going to go all the way with decision. Each fighter is a counter puncher, Mayweather has been out of the ring for a year and 9 months and he weighted in today 2 pounds over the fight weight of 144 pounds. So is he having trouble dropping weight for the fight?

Those 2 pounds cost him $600,000, for that kind of money, I'd take a huge dump and drop 2 pounds!!!

All in all, I think it will be a split decision with Mayweather winning the fight. 40-0

During yesterdays weigh in Mayweather tipped the scales four pounds over. I may biased, but I'm picking Marquez even though Money Mayweather is a excellent fighter. Here in California there will be parties every where lots of cerveza's and carne asada. Si se puede Marquez!

Like the rest of you I hope Marquez knocks out Mayweather. I don't know anyone wants to see Mayweather win. But I got a feeling he may. Or if it's close they could give Mayweather the nod. So his next fight will be against Pacquiao. That would create a lot of excitement in the sport and a big payday as well.

Mayweather connected with nearly 60% of his punches and Marquez was less than 13%. Mayweather hit Marquez nearly 200 times more. Mayweather won every round. The truth is Pacquiao's manager has stated that there will "Never" be a fight between Pacquiao & Mayweather, which basically means that the $$$ is not right. Mayweather will want a 60/40 split and Pacquiao wants a 50/50 split. Just means that the Promoters have got to get the $$$ right.

I do not like Pacquiao, so I do hope that they fight as I would enjoy seeing Mayweather beating him to a bloody pulp.

Chuck,

How can you not like Pac Man? Did you watch the HBO special 24/7 leading up to the Hatton fight? I was a huge Hatton fan but by the end of that short series, was kind of a Pacquiao fan. I think Pac's and Floyd's speed is comparable and would be exciting to see.

-Patrick

RIP to my boy Hatton's career.

Dude's pretty impressive but I still won't call him great till he steps up and accepts a fight against Manny P.

I don't think he can be called great until he steps up and accepts a fight with a real welterweight...

I do not like Pacquiao, so I do hope that they fight as I would enjoy seeing Mayweather beating him to a bloody pulp.

Chuck,

I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who held this sentiment towards Pacquiao! Some might be indifferent to him or think he's overrated, but disliking him so much as to wish him bodily harm is certainly a first. Care to elaborate on what it is about him that bugs you so much? :unsure:

I don't think he can be called great until he steps up and accepts a fight with a real welterweight...

Chuck,

I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who held this sentiment towards Pacquiao! Some might be indifferent to him or think he's overrated, but disliking him so much as to wish him bodily harm is certainly a first. Care to elaborate on what it is about him that bugs you so much? :unsure:

I'd love to know the answer to this, too (especially given how much of an ass PBF is).