Need help in choosing my next box

RyJ...if it were me...I would go with the PP. True, it is a smaller smoke than the Dip2, but taste is more important to me. IMHO, PPs taste better leading to a generally better smoking opinion. Another option would be to grab a couple singles of each before jumping into a box purchase. Finally, you could consult with the Prez and see which of the two are currently smoking better. That could give you some valuable insight as well.

Finally, you could consult with the Prez and see which of the two are currently smoking better. That could give you some valuable insight as well.

Couldn't agree more. He's the only merchant I can recall who has purposely dissuaded me from making a purchase I was contemplating because he didn't think the stock was up to snuff.

Given Dip #2 vs. PP as my only choices, I'd go with Punch. However I don't smoke many Diplomaticos, and would be far more inclined to buy Punch RS 11 if I were looking for Punch Corona Gordas.

Jeff, I can only echo the sentiments already expressed - find out what seems to be of the higher quality at the moment, and don't be

afraid to consider alternate suggestions to either.

I will say this though - bigger does not necessarily mean better (not that that's what you were driving at). If you haven't tried some already,

I would suggest trying a few singles of any or all of the Partagas Serie Du Connaisseur line - if you are not used to smoking thinner cigars,

you might find these, and other thin rings a revelation.

Oh, and we can and do call them Cuban cigars :rotfl:

I will say this though - bigger does not necessarily mean better (not that that's what you were driving at). If you haven't tried some already,

I would suggest trying a few singles of any or all of the Partagas Serie Du Connaisseur line - if you are not used to smoking thinner cigars,

you might find these, and other thin rings a revelation.

PREACH IT BROTHER!!! :rotfl:

The only thing I'll add is that if you're going to smoke thinner cigars, a slower, gentler style of smoking pays of handsomely.

The newer Dip 2's are some of the best releases we've seen in a decade. I would say get the Dip 2s.

I agree the recent Dip #2 are really good. Never been a big fan of Punch Punch even though I enjoy the Punch line.