News Bites

*Cohiba Gran Reserva is all set to be released in the coming weeks. It looks as if there will be an offical release date that will be stuck to by each distributor. That in itself would be a first :)

*Internet crackdown in Havana. "Comission for the Security control" is now checking all servers to see who has been accessing a Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail account. Subversives one and all :moon:

*Monte 4 Aluminium Tubos 5 pack postponed until 2010

La Gloria Cubana Jar....postponed until 2010

H Upmann Jar .............postponed until 2010

*Next shipment of Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos arrives into HK next week. Plenty for everyone. They should be with us in 10 - 15 days and all backorders will be met.

*The gorilla in the room. Perfect "Fake" Siglo VI tubes being manufactured in China.

My Question.......What La Gloria Cubana Jar? :flower:

That confused me initially as well but I will try and find the communique.

if I am correct it was the La Gloria Cubana Delicioso which as to be the Regional Release for Cuba itself.

That confused me initially as well but I will try and find the communique.

if I am correct it was the La Gloria Cubana Delicioso which as to be the Regional Release for Cuba itself.

That rings a bell....fills in a gap in the RE list :flower:

*Next shipment of Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos arrives into HK next week. Plenty for everyone. They should be with us in 10 - 15 days and all backorders will be met.

Yay, I think. :flower:

*The gorilla in the room. Perfect "Fake" Siglo VI tubes being maufactured in China.

Is there any way I can get my fingers on one or two of these?

Great update...except for the internet part. That sucks big time. Terrible.

Wilkey

I think before long they will be everywhere in China Wilkey. It shouldn't be a problem to procure a couple of examples.

Hmm. I remember about 18 months ago, I contacted a tube maker in China to get some samples. Reason I picked them was because they showed Cohiba Siglo VI tubes on their page. They did send me a bunch of tubes, but not a single Habanos tubo.

Wilkey

Sad news about the Cohiba Siglo VI Tubo being "Faked".

That just means that I'll never buy another Siglo VI in a Tubo.

Well for what it is worth, the Siglo VI has been a hit or miss type of cigar for many, many people and for the price, I, as well as the others will not spend that kind of $$$ on a hit or miss cigar.

Hmm. I remember about 18 months ago, I contacted a tube maker in China to get some samples. Reason I picked them was because they showed Cohiba Siglo VI tubes on their page. They did send me a bunch of tubes, but not a single Habanos tubo.

Wilkey

Wilkey, they would have to be purchased from a dodgy tittie bar at 4am. No manufacturer would ever send you a trademarked tube.

I will get Guillaume onto this. No one knows the slimy, grungy, Chinese underworld of tittie bars better than him :flower:

Wilkey, they would have to be purchased from a dodgy tittie bar at 4am. No manufacturer would ever send you a trademarked tube.

I will get Guillaume onto this. No one knows the slimy, grungy, Chinese underworld of tittie bars better than him ;)

Mental note: Meet Guillaume one day. :flower:

Wilkey

Thanks for the good info, Pres.

I wonder when that Fake Siglo VI tubes thing started and if they are staying in China or are they being "exported."

I suspect this is not an "either or" scenario but predominantly used in China. Still, if you were a maker of fakes.....and you needed Fake Tubes....how many inquiries do you think you would get as a tube maker in China? I suspect at least a couple a day.