Nothern Capital of Russia

Thanks for the show. Very tantalizing.

St. Petersburg in our travel to-do list. We prefer to travel on our own, that is, not with a tour. But it seems that going to Russia would require being with an organized tour. Would you agree or not? Don't know why we see it that way but we usually come to that conclusion.

What is it with the women apparently tripping/falling in parades?

Mate, definitely don't leave out Moscow on your list!

I think the reason you'll probably need a tour group here is that very few people speak English, and the cities are in general (especially Moscow) not used to tourism. Without someone guiding you - you're gonna have massive problems getting around, huge problems going to shops, and generally no idea what's what.

For me it was always an adventure getting around in Moscow. But I knew the language when I got here, and it helped to no end.

Anyway, if you are in town, let me know and I'll gladly show you around.

(BTW, the girls falling over I think was the "high-heels race" which happens in St. Pete each year. It's based on the fact that Russian women wear stilettos everywhere and can run, walk on ice etc. in them)

I like your editing/music composition style cigarrrosss. Also liked the ealier cigar/ladies vid too. Good work. Heard good things about St. Petersburg like the underground subway sytem whose walls are covered with fine art, or the like (so said an ex girlfriend of mine in college) How cool is that!

Spaceba and Dosvidanya,

D

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed you slideshow. St. Petersburg looks like a beautiful city. I had not idea perviously that it was the most populous city furtheset to the North. Interesting. What are the winter's like?

Greetings all! Thank you guys for sharing! I wish to answer last questions:

St. Petersburg in our travel to-do list. We prefer to travel on our own, that is, not with a tour. But it seems that going to Russia would require being with an organized tour. Would you agree or not? Don't know why we see it that way but we usually come to that conclusion.

What is it with the women apparently tripping/falling in parades?

To look a city is possible your own way, but I recomend to take guide because in St.Pete's very-very many fantastic places with interesting stories and mythes.. St.-Petersburg was built by the best European architects. St.-Petersburg is very similar both to London, and to Paris, and to Rome))

And girls falling over was the "high-heels race" which happens in St. Pete each year. It's based on the fact that Russian women wear stilettos everywhere and can run, walk on ice etc. in them. It's compleatly true! Thank you Roger for answer! LOL)) Promise to inform you on the nearest visit to Moscow.

I like your editing/music composition style cigarrrosss. Also liked the ealier cigar/ladies vid too. Good work. Heard good things about St. Petersburg like the underground subway sytem whose walls are covered with fine art, or the like (so said an ex girlfriend of mine in college) How cool is that!

You will not believe! These slideshows I've made in some hours!!!! About subway. Cultury & Art - still main style of St.Pete's. Since 1703. Yep! It's really cool!

I really enjoyed you slideshow. St. Petersburg looks like a beautiful city. I had not idea perviously that it was the most populous city furtheset to the North. Interesting. What are the winter's like?

The city is constructed on bogs)) Especially in the north.... brrrrr! Climate here corresponding.

Thanks all for responses!

Thanks for the video. Brings back memories of a school visit when it was called Leningrad back in 1983. I am sure there has been lots of changes since then but lots of the sights haven't changed as I recognize a bunch of them .