Confirmation of new Cuban Customs Export Regulation

New Cuban cigar export regulations

Cuban Customs approved last July a NEW REGULATION aimed at regulating the cigars leaving the Island CARRIED BY TRAVELERS.

According to the NEW REGULATION, EVERY SINGLE TRAVELER can CARRY without trade purposes up to 20 units of loose cigars without papers, invoice or other requirements.

This new provision, dated July 10 and 90 days set for its entry into force, replacing another 2007 regulation that allowed carrying up to 50 cigars in boxes, singly or in harness, without any invoice or other requirements.

Now travelers can carry THOSE LOOSE 20 UNITS OR WITHOUT INVOICE PLUS up to 50 CIGARS that must be contained in the original boxes, closed and sealed with the official warranty seal newly established, requirements without which the export is not allowed

This new regulation will take into effect in October 10th, 2009.

Rob, That's going to make things a bit difficult in buying cigars in cuba.

I think that the almost only thing you can do is to ask the vendor to see

an opened box with the same box code but still, that won't really tell you anything,

But I guess that's as close as you'll get to guessing what's inside the other box :P

This really sucks.

20 cigars coming out only!!

Well next time I go at least my son will be born,so my wife , son, and I will be able to bring back 60 total.

The box being sealed is stupid. Perhaps they will be lax in enforcing that the seal not be broken. They didn't seem to care that I alone brought back over 100 cigars two weeks ago without receipts.

Jose

These guys treat cigars as Tow missiles or something. I can't think of anything more stupefying than not allowing legally bought merchandise out of the country. Distributors may have had an argument based on prices of days gone by... but now, unbelievable!

Rob, That's going to make things a bit difficult in buying cigars in cuba.

I think that the almost only thing you can do is to ask the vendor to see

an opened box with the same box code but still, that won't really tell you anything,

But I guess that's as close as you'll get to guessing what's inside the other box :P

They will have to reapply seals at stores. There will be no way around that!

New Cuban cigar export regulations

Cuban Customs approved last July a NEW REGULATION aimed at regulating the cigars leaving the Island CARRIED BY TRAVELERS.

According to the NEW REGULATION, EVERY SINGLE TRAVELER can CARRY without trade purposes up to 20 units of loose cigars without papers, invoice or other requirements.

This new provision, dated July 10 and 90 days set for its entry into force, replacing another 2007 regulation that allowed carrying up to 50 cigars in boxes, singly or in harness, without any invoice or other requirements.

Now travelers can carry THOSE LOOSE 20 UNITS OR WITHOUT INVOICE PLUS up to 50 CIGARS that must be contained in the original boxes, closed and sealed with the official warranty seal newly established, requirements without which the export is not allowed

This new regulation will take into effect in October 10th, 2009.

This is the most ridiculous regulation in a long list of stupid decisions by Aduana. I doubt I'll be returning while this CRAP is in place. I can keep my 20% penalty for using US$'s ;>)