the appalling chinese government

first, i assure you i have equal contempt for most govts around the globe but this has to be the most disgusting, shortsighted, braindead decision i can imagine. yes, i know this probably contravenes all sorts of FOH rules but if banishment be the price, so be it.

they really deserve to have a lot of extremely large bombs dropped on them, though that would probably kill the tigers as well.

and all because imbeciles believe the voodoo mumbo jumbo crap they have been fed for years. that any humans could do this shows that we really are just the proverbial blink away from moving back to prehistoric caves.

September 3, 2009

Fears for Indian tiger after Chinese green light for sale of animal products

The Chinese authorities certainly have a curious decision making process eh? Unfortunately some of the medicinal beliefs are millenia old and will be difficult to change. Sadly don't see this changing any time soon. It's not really restricted to China either, this type of stuff sells all over the Far East unfortunately. :drool:

The Chinese authorities certainly have a curious decision making process eh? Unfortunately some of the medicinal beliefs are millenia old and will be difficult to change. Sadly don't see this changing any time soon. It's not really restricted to China either, this type of stuff sells all over the Far East unfortunately. :drool:

the far east and beyond and the only way to stop it, though the chances of that before it is too late, is by getting through to them that believing killing tigers will give them bigger dicks is lunacy.

the planet is doomed and, tragically, deservedly so.

Indeed - the bigger **** theory. Funnily enough I found the place where this was most prevalent was in Korea. You couldn't move for stuff that would give you a major boner, according to the locals. I remember thinking, as I chowed down on some still moving octopus, that the last thing on my mind right now - THE LAST THING - is getting it on.

China in particular has gone through such break-neck fast change in the last 20yrs, you can only hope that this type of stuff fades away just as fast. Only humans and locusts seem to be unable to live in harmony or any sort of balance with their surroundings - and at least locusts piss off for a few years at a time. Mother nature will take care of us sooner or later, that much is inevitable.

N.B. would note as well, that there's a good portion of the Chinese who don't believe in this superstitious nonsense, and view it as badly as anyone else - problem being the Chinese population is so large is doesn't take much of a % to create an enormous market.

N.B. would note as well, that there's a good portion of the Chinese who don't believe in this superstitious nonsense, and view it as badly as anyone else - problem being the Chinese population is so large is doesn't take much of a % to create an enormous market.

of course. there were plenty of germans who were appalled by the nazis but they all got tarred with the same brush.

but perhaps those that do disagree could mention it.

of course. there were plenty of germans who were appalled by the nazis but they all got tarred with the same brush.

but perhaps those that do disagree could mention it.

You're quite right of course - the decision makers are only feeding the need at the end of the day. Tragically enough, they actually have tiger farms, but it's still cheaper to pay an Indian farmer to kill one.

These guys aren't hunting, but it's good to see an animal laying the smack down every now and then.

You're quite right of course - the decision makers are only feeding the need at the end of the day. Tragically enough, they actually have tiger farms, but it's still cheaper to pay an Indian farmer to kill one.

These guys aren't hunting, but it's good to see an animal laying the smack down every now and then.

holy hell!! that is one serious leap by that tiger. chap must have crapped himself, if he survived.

yes, humans tend to like the idea of being able to kill what they please and get right narky if the animals fight back.

i thoroughly loved the bullfights i've attended, and for various reasons believe that they should continue, but that doesn't mean i don't sit there cheering wildly for the bull. apparently terribly poor form.

one i went to was going very well. after four 'rounds', it was humans 1, bulls 2, bulls retired in disgrace as pacifists 1.

don't wish harm on anyone (telstra excepted) but ten days later, one of the bullfighters was still in intensive care (never heard what happened) and while that is sad, you takes your chances. hard to waste too much sympathy (falls into the category of idiot overpaid, overhyped celebrities who overdose or ....).

holy hell!! that is one serious leap by that tiger. chap must have crapped himself, if he survived.

yes, humans tend to like the idea of being able to kill what they please and get right narky if the animals fight back.

i thoroughly loved the bullfights i've attended, and for various reasons believe that they should continue, but that doesn't mean i don't sit there cheering wildly for the bull. apparently terribly poor form.

one i went to was going very well. after four 'rounds', it was humans 1, bulls 2, bulls retired in disgrace as pacifists 1.

don't wish harm on anyone (telstra excepted) but ten days later, one of the bullfighters was still in intensive care (never heard what happened) and while that is sad, you takes your chances. hard to waste too much sympathy (falls into the category of idiot overpaid, overhyped celebrities who overdose or ....).

Apparently the elephant 'driver' did crap himself, but not by regular means as he received a rather tasty slice across his abdomen - but survived though (EDIT: he also lost half a hand as well). I particularly like the fact that you have zero chance of seeing a tiger in long grass, even if it's green. I'd want to be better armed than two long thin sticks though, but I guess he didn't wake up that day and think he'd be scrumming down with a 300lb stack of muscle and teeth.

Jury's out for me with bullfighting - sounds like you saw a good showing by the bulls. Normally they all get skewered on the spot if the matadors are any good. When I return to rule the UK, I plan to introduce bull fighting, just with unarmed rapists/paedos/twats intsead of matadors with rapiers.

...These guys aren't hunting, but it's good to see an animal laying the smack down every now and then.

So you're implying that we should mourn the death of an animal when a human kills it, but maybe we should feel good every once in a while when an animal mauls a human...

These conversations do bring out some interesting opinions...

So you're implying that we should mourn the death of an animal when a human kills it, but maybe we should feel good every once in a while when an animal mauls a human...

Steady - not quite what I meant. The raw explosive power of the tiger was more the focus, regardless of what the men were doing. Revelling in the injury of a guy who's actually trying to help it wasn't the direction I was going in, but re-reading it I can see why you thought that. Ah well. :)

definitely not in situations where some poor innocent gets taken by a shark, a croc, a snake, a tiger whatever. that is a different and tragic situation.

but if the human is out there trying to kill the thing purely for their own sport, i don't have much of a problem at all (and i know that is hardly a view that will be shared here). you take your chances.

if, in that video, they were out hunting tiger and the tiger got them before they got it, i do not have a problem with that at all. and i hope the tiger got away. i don't think i'd find any more sympathy there than i would have for a terrorist if someone shot that terrorist before the terrorist got them.

If you can be bothered to search for the longer vid, it shows them shooting at the tigeress with what looks like an air-rifle - which led me to assume it was a tranquilizer gun.

Either that or the guy has some serious cojones / brain defects if he's trying to take to a big cat with a .22