1980s Bolivar Supremas Churchills

GTS21

Wow! The mysterious "other" Bolivar Churchill tubo. Interesting cabinet construction. Not full BN, not contemporary semi-BN. More like a structure common to NC cigar cabs. Fascinating.

Of course, being the tube-hound that I am, please do let me know when you smoke one. I'd love to add one of these rarities to the tubos collection. Trade of your choice, of course.

Wilkey

Wow! The mysterious "other" Bolivar Churchill tubo. Interesting cabinet construction. Not full BN, not contemporary semi-BN. More like a structure common to NC cigar cabs. Fascinating.

Of course, being the tube-hound that I am, please do let me know when you smoke one. I'd love to add one of these rarities to the tubos collection. Trade of your choice, of course.

Wilkey

Not a problem Wilkey, one of these tubes has your name on it.

I have a couple of boxes of this cigar with exactly the same tube (and probably the same blend) but with very different and less unique packaging. The boxes are labeled Bolivar Churchills in Tube. Box is from 1999. According to Trevor's site, the Supremas Churchills were the same cigar made for the UK and discontinued in 1993. They made the tubed Churchills that I mentioned until 2002. These are true Bolivar-flavored cigars--rich and spicy and helped by a decade of age-- albeit slightly less full bodied than would be expectted and in no way the blend of the Corona Gigante.

Until tonight, the Supremas Churchills packaging was something I had only read about and believed I would never see. I really appreciate the chance to finally do so. It is fabulous and historic.

BTW: These tubes look great in the picture but even better in the flesh. For tube aficionados, it is pretty close to the Holy Grail.