Ribs recipe

Kangaroo495

Guys, I don't have a BBQ or anything like that - I don't even have a backyard, but I did come across and amazing ribs recipe recently, which I cooked in the oven. I'm sure you can adapt it for your various equipment... Was completely blown away by this.

Ingredients

3 lbs pork back ribs

1 (8 ounce) jar honey

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning (didn't have this, so I looked up the ingredients and made a rough version myself)

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon celery salt

1/2 cup dark brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

1 medium onion, grated or finely chopped

12 ounces barbecue sauce

1/4 cup white sugar

Directions

1. Place all ingredients together in large roasting pan (i use bottom of turkey roaster).

2. Cut ribs apart for easier serving.

3. Mix together making sure to coat all ribs with this semi-dry paste.

4. Spread ribs out evenly on bottom of pan.

5. cover lightly with foil.

6. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 1 hour. Turning or stirring occasionally.

If I had to criticize it, I'd say it could've done with more chopped onion and a tiny bit more salt.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kanga, not as yet. I was wondering what to create this Sunday. Looks like I found my recipe !

I will report back next week, note I won't add the chilli :D since I got 2 kids that , well, maybe I can and they can eat something else :wacko: I love my chilli

Mike

Speaking of ribs, that is our plan for this weekend. When doing pork baby ribs we usually brine them for a couple of hours added with cayenne to embed the heat deep in to the meat. Then dry rub them with a similar regiment of spices and sugar. Then dare I say it, "We throw 'em on the Barbie". Makes me thirsty for a Fosters.

Gave this recipe a shot. Wow. Talk about intense flavour, I think every flavour button was pushed with this little combo. It was too much for some of the family and I only added chilli to my serving !

Kanga, I am not surprised you couldn't taste that Hoyo DC.

Here's me always thinking I know better modified the recipe a bit. Extra fresh grated garlic, fresh grated green capsicum, a touch more paprika, didn't add sugar or half the bbq sauce. I took your tip Kanga and added more salt. Big garlic smell while it roasted had everyone drooling. I think because I added fresh cap there was quite a lot of juice which had me concerned at the start. I didn't want the meat to get all gray and soggy. However, I roasted for a bit over the hour and the juice condensed down to a lovely brown sauce which went over nicely. A big thumbs up, a dish that is out of the ordinary and terrific for a weekend lunch.

Mike

I am so going to try this... I love Ribs and I have Bay seasoning which a wonderful clients gave me from the States.... it has to be my favourite seasoning to use. If you don't have any grab it (it is now available in Australia)

Lisa

I am so going to try this... I love Ribs and I have Bay seasoning which a wonderful clients gave me from the States.... it has to be my favourite seasoning to use. If you don't have any grab it (it is now available in Australia)

Lisa

Let us know how it goes!