Opinions Please: Suspect Cohiba DC ELs

Ginseng

I was contacted some time ago by a member of another forum regarding some DC ELs he'd come across. He didn't have a good feeling about these and had me take a look at some photos. Would you gentlemen check these out and let me know what you think.

1st photo: small Cohiba, two suspect sticks (pair #2), Siglo VI tubo

2nd photo: suspect pair #1, suspect pair #2, the shorter ones are 7.4-7.5" the longer is 7.7"

3rd photo: suspect pair #1, suspect pair #2

4th photo: suspect pair #1

Thanks,

Wilkey

post-629-1244602632.jpg

post-629-1244602643.jpg

post-629-1244602648.jpg

post-629-1244602659.jpg

This type of thing is certainly not my forte, and without knowing, my first inclination is that they look like crap. The head shapes are somewhat

inconsistent, for one. Moving to the bands, the "C" in Cuba - top curl comes through the C, bottom tail comes out, and the font looks heavy?

The EL bands look like crap as well, where the black bands meet the gold. I realize none of these things in and of themselves say 100% illegitimate,

but personally, I'd be wary.

Well did they all com from the same box or different tubes? If some came from the samebox and they are different heights they are fake. If they are tubes obviously some are fakes then. The one on the far right on the first image could be real. The label looks real and it has the triple cap seal at the end of the cigar which is the standard for the cigar rollers to do on the cohiba. But, these probably are all fakes. They might be cuban, but they're not real cohibas. The best test is the aroma test, and actually smoking the cigar.

Is this a trick question?

The font is wrong on the "C" in Cuba (very obvious) the EL bands are inconsistent and the cigars are all different lengths.

If they're Cuban then they ain't from Habanos.

All of the Edicion Limitada bands look fake. They all have a dip or blurring of the dots on the lower row - which is highlighted by the angle they are all shown placed at in the close-up.

Thanks for that observation! Now I've got to go pull some old LEs out and take a look. :wacko:

Wilkey