Montauk, NY

rudou

Thought I would post up a picture of my recent fishing excursion. It has been many years since I have last fished either on shore or on a boat.

We chartered a boat early Saturday morning for about 5 hours. We had eight guys on the boat but only two could fish at a time (trolling). Battling the motion sickness that basically took hold for the duration (patch helped a bit), I was able to keep steady for about an half an hour to catch this.

She/he measured about 32"/81cm, unfortunately I did not get the weight of this fine specimen. The catches of the day consisted of Stripers and Blues.

Despite the motion sickness that I experienced most of the trip, I would try it again. Hopefully after a couple of dozen times I might get better.

IMG_5952.jpg

Just out of Curiosity which boat did you charter?

Thanks all, I am glad I was able to catch something otherwise 5 hours of hurling would have sucked.

We used Lady Grace Charters. Part of the decision in the choice (I was told) was this was the only boat available that would allow 8 guys.

I brought cigars in hopes of smoking at least one, but never made it that far.

Here is a picture of the boat.

IMG_5977.jpg

oh wow nice fish. i grew up in montauk and seeing that pic brought back alot of memories. feel free to post some more pics if you have.