Shoutbox Issues

Seems to be some issues with the Shoutbox.

You type something in and hit the shout button and nothing happens. Also double posts occur.

If you leave the site and shutdown your browser and come back it seems to operate correctly at least for a while.

This is annoying. :lol:

Acat, my puter does this too...just click on the link above ur name... Friends of Habanos/Unofficial Habanos Cuban Cigar Forum this should unfreeze or update the shoutbox...this works everytime for me. Turn that frown upside down! :lol:

Acat, my puter does this too...just click on the link above ur name... Friends of Habanos/Unofficial Habanos Cuban Cigar Forum this should unfreeze or update the shoutbox...this works everytime for me. Turn that frown upside down! ^_^

That is the same fix I use for a problem I reported when the board switched over. No one else seemed to be experiencing this problem. If I browse a few links into FOH, and end up back at the index, the board data at the bottom disappears.

When I click the FOH link above my name, it shows up again.

I have not noticed the shoutbox freeze on me, when I am actively using the board.

I will have Jason log a queery once he is back from London. Shoutbox does freeze occasionally and it does post a double post occasionally as well. I don't think it is rocket science technology but if we can improve it....we will ^_^

I will have Jason log a queery once he is back from London. Shoutbox does freeze occasionally and it does post a double post occasionally as well. I don't think it is rocket science technology but if we can improve it....we will ;)

Thanks Rob. Clearly we do not have rocket scientists using it. . .

any chance of fixing the thing? it eats messages, stuffs them. does christ knows what else. consider this notification of my personal boycott until such time as said disaster is rectified.

Ken it is working for 90% of the people 90% of the time and that is the problem ie trying to replicate the problem on computers on which it is working properly.

There will be the ocassional double post. The Auto Refresh does appear to interrupt a post.

Keep it to Shouts (20 words or less)

Jason back Monday and can send a queery to tech support.

• 3 weeks later...
How's the Shoutbox going folks? It should be resolved now we have a bigger server.

I've just noticed the broken "Insert Flash Video" image in the reply box...i'll get onto that too! :)

Still getting some double posts occasionally. Not sure if that is a timing issue.