Craft Beer

Just had a DFH 90 and a 120 lastnight (split the 120 with a friend though)! I really do like a good IPA. There's also a good IPA out of Ouachita Arkansas called Presidential IPA. Not sure where to source it out side of AR though..

One very nice thing about the craft beer revival in America is that no matter where you go, there's an extremely good chance of finding a very good *local* brewery.

The ones mentioned are all good. In addition, for NorCal I highly recommend Russian River (Vinnie makes some of the world's best Belgian style beers as well as his famous IPAs) and Bear Republic (I have a friend who works at the Bear). In fact, Bear is one of my favorite breweries in the country hands down. Try the "Hop Rod Rye" and the "Red Rocket". Montana has a great one called "Big Sky Brewery" and their "Moose Drool" is to die for (it's a brown ale). Ran into that one the first time locally on vacation and pick it up now whenever I can.

I also highly recommend drinking locally. Find the local guys around where you are and drink their product. A lot of the really small ones don't distribute widely so the only chance you have to sample their product is to pick it up when you are local. I've discovered incredibly good beers that way.

Have you had anything from Bar Harbor?

I was in Maine a few years ago and on my way to hike cadillac mountain I passed by Bar Harbour Brewing. I had to stop in and check out the operation. I tried all they had to offer, cadillac mountain stout being my favorite. The bluberry brew was good but you can only have one, a bit sweet, might make a nice ice cream float.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any beers from Weyerbacher Brewery? They are a micro from Easton, PA. I enjoyed their Black Hole Ale, being a fan of chocolate malts. Their Hops Infusion IPA wasn't bad either. Really good citrus notes as well as having a really wonderful color.

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, I am usually a lurker here, But I figured this place needed a craft beer thread. Just a thread to talk about your favorite beer and maybe give a reivew or two. I am interested to learn about craft beer outside of the U.S.

Well, Anyone ever try Three Floyds? Ive only had their alpha king, but it was killer!

3floydak.jpg

Their dark lord is a legend.

Try some of these beers from outside the U.S Samuel Smith. My fav is oatmeal stout would go well with a light to med cigar with hints of chocolate and smoked wood. And the ales are good examples of old english ales. they are also organic if anyone cares. Ps if you are into a lot of hops you might not like some some of the ales. Hope it helped a little. Take care and bottoms up.

• 2 weeks later...
Dogfish Head- Delaware: Any

Stone- San Diego: Ruination IPA

Rogue- N. California: Any

Sierra Nevada: Fantastic beers of the couple I've tried

Mmm fancy beer.

Whoa there! Rogue is from Oregon man, not stinky old California. :angry: