DID YOU KNOW?

Hi Guys

Thought i would post this food for thought :rotfl:

Cheers

Oz :clap:

Thanks for the link. I'm not at all sure what to make out of all of it but it's interesting nonetheless. Mind boggling, really.

Also food for thought: presentations from the TED conference (Technology, Entertainment, Design):

http://www.ted.com/

A few I've enjoyed recently include

-- Michael Moschen talking about juggling but it's really about more than juggling.

-- Evely Glennie -- a deaf percussionist -- talking about and demonstrating how to listen to music.

-- Gever Tulley talking about five dangerous things for kids.

Guest RobertU

A professional colleague of mine sent me this a while back as a way to help push my organization's management to make some needed changes. It didn't work, the organization is still decades behind, but the video was interesting. It's funny, b/c to someone like me (34 yrs old) all the stuff in the video seems to be pretty much common sense - it didn't blow my mind or even seem all that surprising. I think a lot of those facts about the world - particularly the rate of change, the exponential increases in available information, and the sheer size and rate of growth of China and India as compared to the US - have yet to be absorbed in the general US consciousness. Once the average citizen has a handle on some of those ideas, I think we'll see some changes in mindset about some policies, particularly trade and education. Until then, I often feel like I am living and working among a bunch of folks stuck in the industrial revolution.