Hello From Winnipeg!

bigfunkyg

Hello Friends of Habanos, I just recently joined the forum. I have been a aficionado for 7 years or so. I am rather excited because the snow is gone and cottage season is upon us where I enjoy the majority of my cigars at the family cottage in the beautiful Whiteshell Provincial Park. I do try and smoke somewhat frequently in the winter in my smoking buddies garage thanks to several propane heaters, but it still isn't quite the same.

I have been to Cuba once and the majority of my humidor is stocked with Habanos from friends, family and co-workers who have vacationed in Cuba who bring my back. I was fortrunate to receive 5 boxes direct from Cuba in March thanks to a co-worker who called himself my "Cuban Cigar Donkey".

Here is what is currently in the humidor:

Romeo Y Julietta Short Churchills

Montecristo Tubos

Montecristo #4

Montecristo #2

Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios

Cohiba Robusto

Romeo Y Julietta Petit Coronas

Padron 1964 Exclusivo (Maduro and Natural)

Avo Maduro Pirimades

Joyo de Nicaragua Celebracion Toro

The humidor is powered by a Cigar Oasis XL which has been a great investment.

I am currently getting desperate to try both the Bolivar Belicosos Finos and Royal Corona. As well my stock of Cohiba Robustos and Monte #2's is dangerously low and I would like to get my hands on another box of Punch Punch. Purchasing Cuban cigars here is insanely expensive thanks to a 75% provincal tobacco tax although we have one very reputable Tobacconist in the city. I have been weighing trying some on-line options but am aware that I might still get dinged with the tax.

I enjoy almost any single malt with my cigars and occasionally port. I was recently had Ron Zapaca Run (both the 23 and 25 year old) on a vacation and was absolutely blown away. If you try these don't try the 25 year old before the 23 because it isn't even a fair comparision, however the 23 stands up to any aged rum I have ever had.

I look forward to participating in this community.

bigfunkyg