Diplomatic Salute from Washington, DC

diplomat1

Colleagues: I am new to the forum and appreciate being a part of a great club and look forward to your stories, insights and experiences paired with a cigar. Earlier this evening in DC, the Senate passed the SCHIP legislation which is funded/offset by a tobacco tax (with cigar cap). So, I've decided to light a Padron 1926 box-pressed torpedo (with Hennessey in my other hand) so that the children will be able to receive health care.

I know this doesn't affect my favorite Cubans: Montecristo, H. Upmann, Diplomaticos and Partagas Serie P (all #2s) and Bolivar Belicosos Finos. There is something about the construction of the torpedo (perhaps the difficulties and challenges it poses in the bind, roll and fill) that makes it an unmatched taste and smoking experience. I welcome your thoughts on this.

Salut to all!

welcome and enjopy.

spent a year in DC a long time ago and absolutely loved it.

a redskins fan?

Many thanks, Ken -- and I am indeed a Redskins fan and season-ticket holder. But I qualify that as an exasperated fan who is always financially broke and heartbroken at every home game.

Salut.

Colleagues: I am new to the forum and appreciate being a part of a great club and look forward to your stories, insights and experiences paired with a cigar. Earlier this evening in DC, the Senate passed the SCHIP legislation which is funded/offset by a tobacco tax (with cigar cap). So, I've decided to light a Padron 1926 box-pressed torpedo (with Hennessey in my other hand) so that the children will be able to receive health care.

I know this doesn't affect my favorite Cubans: Montecristo, H. Upmann, Diplomaticos and Partagas Serie P (all #2s) and Bolivar Belicosos Finos. There is something about the construction of the torpedo (perhaps the difficulties and challenges it poses in the bind, roll and fill) that makes it an unmatched taste and smoking experience. I welcome your thoughts on this.

Salut to all!

Welcome Aboard! Aaarrrggghhh. . .

From Anacostia! :cigar:

Very pleased to have you join us here at FOH - even if you are a Redskin fan!!!

I share your appreciation of the Piramides and Campanas vitolas. I believe the shaping at the tip leads to a concentration of flavours at just the right spots on the tastebuds that makes smoking these cigars such a wonderful experience..... Also, it takes a 'better' skilled roller to make these cigars....

Unfortunately, we do part company on our choice of football teams. However, please accept my Welcome wishes from a long time season ticket holder of the NY Giants!!!! (who play in New Jersey)

Very pleased to have you join us here at FOH - even if you are a Redskin fan!!!

I share your appreciation of the Piramides and Campanas vitolas. I believe the shaping at the tip leads to a concentration of flavours at just the right spots on the tastebuds that makes smoking these cigars such a wonderful experience..... Also, it takes a 'better' skilled roller to make these cigars....

Unfortunately, we do part company on our choice of football teams. However, please accept my Welcome wishes from a long time season ticket holder of the NY Giants!!!! (who play in New Jersey)

Thank you Doc! I completely agree about the intensity of flavor on the torpedo -- and am well aware that it takes the most skilled roller to perfect the torpedo shape without compromising taste. I'm a fan of the figurado because truly no two are alike and the experience from the open to the close are always different. Sometimes, I even have two different drinks with the same cigar (starting with a single malt and finishing with cognac paired to either the Montecristo #2 or the Bolivar Belicoses Finos has got to be one of life's finest pleasures).

As for the Giants, there's a lot of history between our two teams! You had an unbelievable run last year and I could only watch in bewilderment and envy.

Salut.