forum failing?

ta for that, guys, but i am not certain that is quite what i mean. DC, yours is for private messages, if i read it correctly. tampa, think this not quite what we had, although with my lack of understanding of computerery things, who knows. you'll recall that we used to get an email letting us know if someone had posted in response to any post you had made. it was very useful as it meant you could go back to the thread to see what was said or respond if appropriate. without such notification, i suspect we all miss a lot of posts that might be relevant to us as we don't (or at least i don't) check each thread every time there is a post.

does this make sense?

ta for that, guys, but i am not certain that is quite what i mean. DC, yours is for private messages, if i read it correctly. tampa, think this not quite what we had, although with my lack of understanding of computerery things, who knows. you'll recall that we used to get an email letting us know if someone had posted in response to any post you had made. it was very useful as it meant you could go back to the thread to see what was said or respond if appropriate. without such notification, i suspect we all miss a lot of posts that might be relevant to us as we don't (or at least i don't) check each thread every time there is a post.

does this make sense?

Ken, the system is in place. As the boys suggested you need to go into "my controls" and set it up. Call me if you need a hand.

Members should remember Ken "Gates" Gargett's finest computer moment. Allowing a friend (Niko) in Chile to play with his Mac Pro Laptop, Niko put on a screensaver of beautiful pebbles in a flowing shallow stream. When Ken accessed the Laptop a little while later and his coment?................... "How did those rocks get in my computer?"