Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas POS MAR 07

mkz

Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas

POS MAR 07

Stored at 64-65% RH, 21°C

Prelight aroma: Salty tobacco.

Prelight taste: Dry teabag.

Draw: On the tighter side, but no disaster.

post-2756-1227138272.jpg

1:3

Immediately taste of rich tobacco. My brain goes: Aaah! Ramon!! Plenty of smoke, but not as much as I would expect from an RA. Must be cause of the tight draw. Mostly tobacco taste with small cedar notes.

After a while the taste of tobacco turns from just tobacco to creamy tobacco. Smooth and creamy. Yummy!!

Burn is razorsharp and the ash is beautifully bone-white.

Wood is mixed with the creamy tobacco and some spice is added.

2:3

The combination of creamy tobacco and woody spices continues.

The ash is so firm it refuses to let go of the cigar. I wonder if its going to land in my knee… Not this time. Finally it landed safely in the stinky.

Around here the RASCC decides to change the game. Although the taste is really good the cigar starts to feel a little numb compared to the ones I´ve smoked earlier from this box. Is it time to call in sick?

I start to feel some signs of immaturity. Some harshness. The creamyness is gone.

post-2756-1227138287.jpg

3:3

The RA-tobacco taste is still there, but unfortunately its getting more and more accompanied by harshness.

I try to hang on to see if its just a temporary thingy. But after a while the message is clear: The rest of this box will not see the light of day for atleast a year. They need sleep.

I try to purge as a last futile attempt but nothing helps. This RASCC wasn’t ready to show its real face.

I toss the poor bugger with 4cm left.

post-2756-1227138294.jpg

I´ll check back on these in winter 2009…

Nice review mkz :devil2:

I found the same thing with an April 07 RASCC - the first third was fantastic, typical RA, then a bit of a change in the middle, but the final third on mine was back up to standard, if a little harsh around the edges. Great cigars though, can't help but love 'em :)

might be from the same tobacco but my Feb 07's are smoking really well. I would give them a shot in about 3-4 months.

might be from the same tobacco but my Feb 07's are smoking really well. I would give them a shot in about 3-4 months.

Im gonna wait until late 2009 before I light another one up. :covermouth:

This was number four from that particular box and the first three was great all the way through.

Im gonna wait until late 2009 before I light another one up. :devil2:

This was number four from that particular box and the first three was great all the way through.

May 07 has been about the same for me, 2 out of six were rough at the last third, while the other 4 were fine.

That is one of my pet peeves, going through a box and having good/great results and then all of a sudden one will disappoint so much that it makes you not even want to look at them for a while and hope that time will work her magic.

I would think and hope that a cigar rolled in 07 would be good to go now, especially if some from the same box were working for you.