Check Your BBQ

There are people here that will come out and remove the bees for you. Sometime for a small fee, sometimes for free. Given the worldwide collapse of honey bee populations and the tremendous problems that is causing, the financial value of a hive is substantial. At least, that's here in the states.

Those combs are pretty cool. Too bad they were poisoned otherwise they make for a nice treat. Nothing better than chewing a piece of raw honeycomb!

» Hey, where did you get that grill cover?

Wouldn't have the foggiest clue, not my barbie. Probably came with it.

Personally, I would've kept them. Always wanted to have fresh honey on tap, so to speak.

Yes a friend sent me the exact same email yesterday. I have to say I think the guy who did this was a dumb ass.

The worlds Bee population is having a bit of trouble , particularly in the US . There is a disease that has been affecting numbers and it's becoming a worry.

Bee hives can be relocated , it's not like a wasp problem.

If we were to do this to every bee hive we came across before you know it the world would start having crop shortages.

This is not my BBQ! Sent by a mate in NZ.

using the bbq this weekend... so i thought ill clean it up..

i have known there were bee's coming from under the cover so i thought i'd kill them, obviously...

so heres the bbq in question

image8870.jpg

now i know these bombs aren't for bee's and that but i thought i'll suffocate/smoke them out. So here is the weapon of choice and delivery system.

image8871.jpg

I thought I was pretty smart hehehe designed to be easierly manovered under the cover of darkness...

so then i release the weapon of buzz destruction..

image8872.jpg

OMFG! the sound from under the cover was incredible!!! You could hear it 3m away easy...

Then I ran like the clappers....

coming back few mins later to see the death toll...

image8873.jpg

was at least 20mm deep mass grave

image8874.jpg

I continued to remove the cover and to light the bbq to give it a clean when i noticed some fattly looking substance on the top of th side shelf thing....

Bit weird.. i clean it before i put it away for winter and no way was there fat there so i begun to wonder......

NO..... it can't be could it?

I slowly removed the rest of the cover only to find the HQ..

image8875.jpg

image8876.jpg

image8877.jpg

image8881.jpg

image8878.jpg

image8879.jpg

image8880.jpg

we think the queen flew away.... either that or a small child has wings and has been living in the hive coz that thing was huge!