Cohiba Selecton Reserva...Worth the price of Admisslion?

» Anyone here bought a box? If so, do you think that the cigars were worth

» the price of admission?

I think they are if you have the disposable income. We all have different budgets. 30 cigars or three boxes of something else. Comes down to what you are looking for ;-)

» » Anyone here bought a box? If so, do you think that the cigars were worth

» » the price of admission?

»

» I think they are if you have the disposable income. We all have different

» budgets. 30 cigars or three boxes of something else. Comes down to what

» you are looking for ;-)

Good point. I am steering towards very good cigars that age well latley. Matter of fact, I almost wet myslef last night while smoking one of the Estupendos from Ramon Allone. Yup, only 2 yrs. old, and it was THAT GOOD. Screw it, I'm pulling the trigger on these.:clap:

Got an early 03 box a couple of years ago for my anniversary. Smoke one every year in November. Media Corona 2 years ago was good, the Robusto last year was a top 5 smoke. Might smoke an Esplendido this year. If I had an expendable $600 I would buy another box. My .02 TD

• 4 months later...

Yes, these are such sleepers. People have overlooked these for years and the are superb. Without a doubt the best Cohibas I have ever smoked. People will be wondering in years to come why they never picked these up when they were easily available. A must buy IMHO.

I split a box with a friend back when they were first released and a vendor put them on Christmas special for, as I reacall, about $450.00.

I have been disappointed. The Eplendidos were freaking tent pegs. Unsmokable. The others, decent enough cigars but overpriced for what you get, at least for my budget and taste.

i really like these, and if you figure out the cost of each stick currently, the seleccion are the same price. i'm smoking through an jan/03 box now, and they are great. you're getting some nicely aged cohibas for the price of new ones. i'm assuming the box cost is $550.

I will have to step up in agreement with Van again on this one. I never bought the original release; same excuse for me, I hate EL's! I did lay down when they stopped selling and some outlets had them around $400. I don't remember the price that I paid actually but I remember it was less than a box of S-6's at the time.

I think there are some good and some bad like all CC's. I would consider buying the '02's at the $200 price point; that is about what I think of them!