Maybe a humidity issue?

Last night I went to my office away from my office to do a little work and smoke a PSD4. I took it straight from my humidor (kept at 65%) in the morning to smoke later on in the day. I feel it is necessary to mention that it was raining that day but i was inside my tobacco shop. I cut the PSD4 and the prelit draw was fine, nothing indicating that the flavor would suck. When i lit it, there was a slight bit of spice but it was for the majority, a taste-less stick. I've had this box for over a year and found that these do have a lot of flavor so last night's cigar surprised me. My thoughts are that it was over humidified. Am i right? What can i do to prevent that from happening again?

Cabaiguan Juan, this isn't my lane, but I've read about this happening to a run of PSD4s. You have the box code by chance? That may help others here.

Humidity can and may be the issue here. Since you mentioned that you had kept the PSD4's for over a year at 65% rh and the outside weather conditions were 100% humidity, this could have some affect upon the smoking of the cigar. Living here in Florida where the outside humidity is often over 90% it is a known fact that lower humidified cigars swell quickly when they are subjected to the outside weather conditions. Sort of like a sponge.

PSD4's have also been known to go into a sort of "Dumb" period which is different from a "Sick" period, yet they fall off from the vibrant flavors they are known for during this "Dumb" period and if left alone for another 6 months or so will return to having the flavors you expect as they mature.

Just food for thought.

Tampa

» they are known for during this "Dumb" period and if left alone for another

» 6 months or so will return to having the flavors you expect as they

» mature.

Is the "dumb" period a) I assume variable, not all boxes, and B) predictable by any degree, when it might come about?

sepp

I would not forget also that this are hand made products, and there is always a chance the torcedor didn't put enough ligero or any of the tobaccos needed for your cigar, maybe it was the end of the day, last cigar to complete the quota, and the torcedor might've thought is not worth to stand up and ask for one more leaf of this or that... just one of the possibilities...

» I would not forget also that this are hand made products, and there is

» always a chance the torcedor didn't put enough ligero or any of the

» tobaccos needed for your cigar

Agreed - sometimes you just get a dud. A little spice over a core of cardboard and air

sounds like an improperly blended cigar to me.

» The "dumb period" shall now be known as the "Palin period".

Now now, if we're going to unnecessarily inject our personal political views into non-political

threads, let's at least give equal time and have the option of calling it the biden period.

So there you go.....you have 4 or more possible reasons for the flavourless experience:

1. Overhumidified (due to rain or humidor). 5% makes a hell of a difference.

2. Dumb period (which is a "theory/experience" as opposed to a quantifiable scientific fact).

3. Poorly blended cigar. Someone confused Ligero with Volado.

4. Your own state of being. You may be coming down with something.