Diplomatico No 4 OEB May 06

That's an awesome review. Really fun to read.

So I'm taking it the Nick Cave cd that was playing when I was there wasn't your choosing? Sad... Cave is awesome.

» That's an awesome review. Really fun to read.

»

» So I'm taking it the Nick Cave cd that was playing when I was there wasn't

» your choosing? Sad... Cave is awesome.

Love Nick Cave. I croon a great "The Ship Song"

....at least I think I croon i great ....but it is my place :-D

Nice review Rob. I've been smoking quite a few Dip No.5's recently and the flavor profile is the same in my opinion, just a shorter smoke.

Knowing the Pirate that you are El Prez, you should have 500 Jimmy Buffitt songs playing around the clock at Club Czar.:-D

Careful about putting that thing onto shuffle by the way...If you go Iggy, Ramones, Stones, New York Dolls then straight to Abba's Dancing Queen, it will really screw with your head!

(Don't sweat the Prince stuff, it's gotta be there only for contrast...3 Springsteen (evil) balanced by 5 from The Clash. Ahhh, all that punky goodness)

» » Careful about putting that thing onto shuffle by the way...If you go

» Iggy,

» » Ramones, Stones, New York Dolls then straight to Abba's Dancing Queen,

» it

» » will really screw with your head!

»

» Smithy goes nuts when "Dancing Queen" comes on ;-)

You are an idiot Ayala.

I tried to type some stronger words but the "Don't knock the Presidente" filter prevented me from a full verdal tirade.

» Smithy.....I hope this thread doesn't prompt another call from your

» "concerned" parents.

»

» My "it's just a stage he is going through" speach may be wearing thin. :-D

Yeah I know its wearing thin as their response would be 'why do you keep such tosser friends like Ayala?' Yet I will defend you as not being a tosser just more a wanker! :-P

• 3 weeks later...

Diplomatico No 4 OEB May 06

Yesterday Alain gave me a CD containing the Rolling Stones top 500. Apparently both he and Smithy are tired of listening to my music while they drink my wine and smoke my cigars. You should hear Smithy carry on when Chicago blasts away “Ayala…you have a serious problem dude.”

Alain is more polite…..he simply gives me a disk of 500 songs to play :-D

I may have a smattering of Chicago, REO Speedwagon, Aerosmith, ACDC, Hilltop hoods, Dido, Zappa on my playlist ……BUT HOW THE HELL DOES PRINCE GET 5 SONGS IN THE TOP 500!!!!!!1

Anyway I skipped over “Purple Rain” and “When Doves Cry” to find the Man in Black and “Walking the Line”. I fired up this Diplomatico No 4….like the song….it was like slipping into an old pair of boots.

The cigar had a classic Diplomatico Colorado shade wrapper. Some cigars have a wrapper that is definitively theirs….this is Diplomatico’s. Construction looks and feels good. Aroma at cold is slightly sweet tobacco.

image8607.jpg

image8608.jpg

image8609.jpg

Clipped the cap and the draw was magic with a sweet/sour edge. Fired up the foot and immediately there is Diplomatico. Medium bodied, smooth, quality tobacco and a cream cheese note with a touch of smoked paprika. The aroma of the smoke is simply Cuban. I often talk about blend consistency/inconsistency but from the opening I know I have had this cigar a thousand times before….timeless, never changing.

Aretha Franklin and “Respect” comes on the airwaves and how apt this song is. The Diplomatico no 4 deserves it…and more than “just a little bit”. So smooth, so confident within itself and the flavours it conjours. Through the nose it holds little spice and on the palate it is all soft thick smoke washing the cream cheese and smoked paprika in waves.

I was so taken away I missed the first ash drop. No matter.

image8610.jpg

The second third maintains the same flavour profile but in a slightly fuller body….but we are still talking ‘medium bodied”. This is a classic case of Medium bodied/full flavoured. If I was to criticize this cigar then it would be to a lack of complexity. But how could I? It delivers exactly what it has been blended to do and exactly what I have experienced many times in the past. This is not a cigar to take you on a journey but which takes you to a point in the past…a familiar place….apple pie, street cricket (or baseball), a day at the beach when we were kids.

image8611.jpg

The final third is now medium full and a little black pepper joins the cream cheese and smoked paprika. Smooth to the very end and a very enjoyable 45 minutes reminiscing the past. Wouldn’t you know it….Neil Young is playing.

89/100.

image8612.jpg

» Careful about putting that thing onto shuffle by the way...If you go Iggy,

» Ramones, Stones, New York Dolls then straight to Abba's Dancing Queen, it

» will really screw with your head!

Smithy goes nuts when "Dancing Queen" comes on ;-)

image8657.jpg