Cuban rum ...... ?

FDNYGUY360

If Cuban rum is as good as a Cuban Cigar .... Is there a site where I can Acquire a bottle of Ron Varadero or any other Cuban Rum? I keep reading about them and my mouth waters up!

Also I've seen a couple of members mention Zaya, I believe that is South American, but it does sound good!

My email is [email protected] if you have any links.

I know. ;-)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron Zacapa or Diplomatico (this one being one of the best sipping Rum around).

Cuban Rum is very good for mixing well the ones i tried .Never tried there high end line of rums for sipping.

Zaya is to sweet for me yuck and the Zacapa is sweet to but i can tolerate it up to a point.

Diplomatico is from Venezuela and its a well balanced sipping rum a must have for real rum drinkers you will not be sorry !

Zaya & Zacapa are from Guatemala. My favorate Cuban rums are Varadero 7 Anos and Caney Oro. Other good rums are Barabancourt 8 from Haiti, Clement Vieux from Martinique & the least expensive and easiest to find- Gossling Black Seal from Bermuda.

» Ron Zacapa or Diplomatico (this one being one of the best sipping Rum

» around).

»

» Cuban Rum is very good for mixing well the ones i tried .Never tried there

» high end line of rums for sipping.

»

» Zaya is to sweet for me yuck and the Zacapa is sweet to but i can tolerate

» it up to a point.

»

» Diplomatico is from Venezuela and its a well balanced sipping rum a must

» have for real rum drinkers you will not be sorry !

I agree with Jimmy here. Ron Zacappa 23 year old is the best I've had to date.

As far as the Cuban stuff goes, no need to go there. Rum is not the same as cigars, the soil is not that important.;-)

» I agree with Jimmy here. Ron Zacappa 23 year old is the best I've had to

» date.

Where exactly can I find this Ron Zacappa 23 yr old? Can I order this rum online?

Zacapa Centenario 23 is a favorite. The only one that's better is the "Straight From The Cask" special edition (90 proof, more body, less sweet).

Cuban rum is good for cocktails, nothing special. The Santiago and the Caney are a little better than HC. HC is very, err... fair.

» Have to check those out one day..

Hello Gents,

Rum has become a go-to for me over the last six months or so, and pairs great with a cigar. I've never sampled any of the Cuban rums, but have a tried quite a few that are available here in the U.S..

My favorite by far is a Dominican rum - Matusalem 15 yr. Hard to beat for the price based upon my testing to date. About $29 US - not too sweet, very smooth and full of great flavor.

Just a rum noob offering my $0.02.

Cheers to all!

» » I agree with Jimmy here. Ron Zacappa 23 year old is the best I've had to

» » date.

»

»

» Where exactly can I find this Ron Zacappa 23 yr old? Can I order this rum

» online?

they sell it for about $30 a litre duty free cancun, if that helps. probably not. i really like it but i find it just a smidge too sweet and a fraction clumsy. but right up there with the best.

bst for me are some of the older santiago rums. brilliant cuban rum. i've not seen better elsewhere. not cuban but love the appleton 21 year old.

havana club 7 years and up are pretty good. caney oro a cracker, and great value.

» » Have to check those out one day..

»

» Hello Gents,

»

» Rum has become a go-to for me over the last six months or so, and pairs

» great with a cigar. I've never sampled any of the Cuban rums, but have a

» tried quite a few that are available here in the U.S..

» My favorite by far is a Dominican rum - Matusalem 15 yr. Hard to beat for

» the price based upon my testing to date. About $29 US - not too sweet,

» very smooth and full of great flavor.

» Just a rum noob offering my $0.02.

» Cheers to all!

for me, the matusalem rums are good, not great, but if you enjoy those, you have some really great fun ahead when you get hold some of the top stuff.

» » » Have to check those out one day..

» »

» » Hello Gents,

» »

» » Rum has become a go-to for me over the last six months or so, and pairs

» » great with a cigar. I've never sampled any of the Cuban rums, but have

» a

» » tried quite a few that are available here in the U.S..

» » My favorite by far is a Dominican rum - Matusalem 15 yr. Hard to beat

» for

» » the price based upon my testing to date. About $29 US - not too sweet,

» » very smooth and full of great flavor.

» » Just a rum noob offering my $0.02.

» » Cheers to all!

»

»

» for me, the matusalem rums are good, not great, but if you enjoy those,

» you have some really great fun ahead when you get hold some of the top

» stuff.

Depends on your taste. I've had the Cuban Matusalem & didn't like it for the same reason many people DO like it. It's not that sweet & I prefer a sweeter rum- but a straight sweetness, not flavored. Pyrat Rum is a good example of flavored sweetness. Good rum, but tastes like Butterscotch to me.:-(

» Dont forget to try the Diplomatico Rum its better than RZ i know they have

» both next to Havana Dreams there a liquor store right there.

Hey Jimmy I took ur advice and I went to Havana Dreams .... wow real friendly place and great selection! So anyway I went to the Liquor store and asked for the Ron Zacappa 23 yr old and apparently they are sold out and on back order for a few months ... the gentleman also mentioned that he isnt even sure if hes going to get another shipment because rumor has it that the Ron Zacappa company has been or is going to be sold! that sucks. So at the end month I will go back and try one more time ... i did see the diplomatico rum and a few other interesting lookin rums ... and gin too ... I think im going to stock up for the Holidays! Thanks.

PS. I am thinking about going back to Havanas tomorrow! lol.

» » Dont forget to try the Diplomatico Rum its better than RZ i know they

» have

» » both next to Havana Dreams there a liquor store right there.

»

»

» Hey Jimmy I took ur advice and I went to Havana Dreams .... wow real

» friendly place and great selection! So anyway I went to the Liquor store

» and asked for the Ron Zacappa 23 yr old and apparently they are sold out

» and on back order for a few months ... the gentleman also mentioned that

» he isnt even sure if hes going to get another shipment because rumor has

» it that the Ron Zacappa company has been or is going to be sold! that

» sucks. So at the end month I will go back and try one more time ... i did

» see the diplomatico rum and a few other interesting lookin rums ... and

» gin too ... I think im going to stock up for the Holidays! Thanks.

»

»

» PS. I am thinking about going back to Havanas tomorrow! lol.

Havana Dreams is my local lounge, great place. Send me an E-mail [email protected], we can enjoy a cigar there soon.

Yea that would be great ... I was there recently ... it wasn't that packed and the few people that were there were very friendly. I went out back and smoked the 1932 Padilla and drank a few peroni's! I'll definitely let you know the next time ago, maybe we can set up a meet for anyone in the area that is an FOH Member!

• 1 month later...

Has someone drinked ED 25 years? it's lately been offered me to buy a bottle at 400US$ but I did not take it. Is it worth that money?

Sailor Jerrys is an interesting mix of history, art and great marketing. I found out about it from my graphics background and enjoying Jerrys illustrations -turned out he had a rum receipe also. Oh, and theres a film about the guy.

The stuff really is very good, the website is interesting, they have a merch shop here in philadelphia, and Prez, I honestly dont know exactly where is made but its marketed around the world. Give it a try, if you cant find it, be happy to ship a bottle.

Its tradition on my boat to have at least a shot at the end of a journey - tho more is consumed during...

From sailorjerryrum.com

"There was a time, not too long ago, when tattoos were cool. We're not talking about that Tasmanian Devil you have tattooed on your ankle, or your girlfriend's "tribal" lower back tattoo. We're talking the big, beefy sailor tattoos that involved manly things like snakes and skulls and half-naked women. We're talking the kind of morning where you wake up six states away from where you started with a black eye, an empty wallet and some badass ink on your forearm.

The folks over at Sailor Jerry Rum know a thing or two about that kind of morning as well. They make a 92 proof spiced rum that's based on the "customized" rums sailors used to make when they were bored on long ocean journeys. While this is no Screech Rum (a good thing), it's no pantywaist rum infused with coconut essence and pixie dust, either. Based on what we've read, Sailor Jerry rum is spiced with punk rock and testosterone, and they know a little something about bad ass - their namesake, "Sailor Jerry" Collins, was a Honolulu tattoo artist who spawned a mythos with when he redefined the old-school tattoo. "

"This is man stuff. Filled with the grit, romance and heartbreak that drives some men to do what most would not. There's a tension about port cities filled with men who consider themselves on a mission to have a good time and return with evidence of such. And it's drawn into all of Sailor Jerry's tattoos. Keep your eyes out for his work, not in galleries, but in bars and on the street. If you find yourself strangely captivated by the girl on an old man's arm, we suggest you go ahead and offer to buy the guy a drink of Sailor Jerry Navy Rum. Hopefully, he'll be so impressed with your taste in rum, he won't punch you out and maybe he'll tell you some stories"

sjstore_jun08_saleparty.gif