Montecristo Sublimes 2008 or are they 2007?

Of all the EL's Montecristo has been the singular exception to which I have truly enjoyed, yet they have taken years to come around, thus Rob's comments that he would lay these down for 10 years without another thought does not surprise me.

A couple of things that do surprise me is that with the cigar community becoming so accustomed to perfection that the expectation of a Limited Edition is so High, that inconsistancy is unacceptable, Period. Habanos S.A. has failed to deliver a quality and consistant product that is capable of demanding the Premium Price that Limited Editions are priced.

Note the flame proof thick wrapper that is flaky and burn resistant in these photo's. Also note by the coloring on Rob's fingers because he a "Wet" smoker, that the thick wrapper's dark coloring is coming off and discoloring his fingers much like a Non-Cuban Maduro does because of the extra spray on coloring in the fermentation process they use.

I believe that I'll pass.

» image8382.jpg

»

» image8383.jpg

» image8385.jpg

» image8386.jpg

» There has been a small mix up with the 2008 Montecristo Sublimes which has been noted by HSA. Some boxes have arrived with 2007 LE bands...

» image8375.jpg

Totally understandable...for there was an over production of the EL band for 2007 so to be eco-friendly...use them! And as for for EL 2008 band, there were real demand from counterfeiters waiting next to the windows of Factory !!! :-D :-D