Partagas Lonsdale REC SEP 02

greenpimp

Partagas Lonsdale REC SEP 02

Smoked this outside with some water, the football game and red winged birds in the background. This cigar's still "got me floatin!" as Hendrix sang.

Tightly rolled, well made with some moderate veining. Aroma at cold of pungent tobacco, that kind of cheesy fragrance of a great aged Cuban cigar. The lonsdale’s draw was firm but quite good, and the pre draw flavor was a mix of loam and sweet cedar.

Opened up soft but rich, with a sweet leather and earth characteristic, light but pleasant. A nutty, roasted cereal note, light pepper, with some a light chocolate finish. Medium amount of smoke. Mild-medium in body, but very rich. The smoke smells very fragrant. Becomes stronger and more peppery, even as the front mouthfeel becomes more lush and creamy.

Becomes more pungent and stronger a third of the way in. Earthiness increases and I catch a bit of black truffle. Strong black coffee and truffle and spiciness and this is the good stuff right here.

Final third quite strong, full bodied and all nicotined up. Still quite a young smoke in that regard, though at times quite spicy and almost tannic, as they say. Still quite enjoyable. Delectable even. Strong creamed coffee with an earthy aroma and spicy finish.

Smoked it until I couldn’t hold it. Sure wish they still *&%#$*! made these. I’d give it a 93 with room to improve. Wish I had more than a handful of these left.

Great review of a great cigar.

I have had plenty of Partagas Lonsdales but one thing that has always intrigued me is the variance in strength of the cigars. I have run the gammut from Light/Medium to medium to full bodied. Unfortunately extensive trialling is now a thing of the past given their discontinuation but at their best (which I believe is Medium full) thay are almost peerless.

I smoked 2 Partagas Lonsdales this past week, one from a Cab and another from a Dress Box. As these were gifts, I did not know before smoking them (nor do I now know what year they are) The one from the Cab was sweet and typical peppery, leathery flavors. Built from the start, declined in the middle and finished with strong flavors. The one from the Dress Box was dull, thats the best I can give it.

A few years ago, I considered the Partagas Lonsdale my favorite Partagas, yet that was before I experienced the Serie du Connaisseur No.1,2,3's

Good one, Matt! Coincidentally, I smoked a PSD3 from AGO02 last night. Many of the same qualities as your lonsdale, but much stronger. A real sledgehammer, in fact, that left me buzzed.

I shoulda smoked an '02 lonnie or corona instead. These are really tasty.

Yeah this is from my last cabinet. I agree there seems to be a marked difference between the DB and the Cabinet.

Wish I would have stocked up when it was D/C'd. This cigar has it all, for me anyway. A distinct beginning, middle, and end. Power and complexity. Richness and balance.