I hate Dubbo....I hate Qantas More.

I was so looking forward to this morning....the 9:15am Qantas flight out of Dubbo. Unfortunately, a local Pelican could take Dubbo no more so decided to commit suicide on the incoming Qantas Flight.

"Qantas apologises for the 3 hr delay, but the piolt has located structural damage resulting from a bird strike".

What the flying **** are these planes made of?

No problem...delay getting home by three hours....just get the 3pm connecting Sydney?Brisbane flght.

*****as "Can't do that sir"

RA "Why"

*****as "We oversold the QF 432"

RA "But I am logged into *****as online....I can purchase 5 tickets online now....?"

*****as "Yes but you would be bumped. Only 6 seats remaining but business class is oversold by 12 seats"

RA "Are you ******* serious?"

*****as " It is common practice sir"

RA " Common practice to take peoples money knowing full well they have **** all chance of getting the flight?"

*****as "We wouldn't put it that way".

RA " I sincerely hope you pricks go into receivership and you end up flipping burgers at a truckstop so that when you decide not to make a burger when someone has paid for it (obviously normal business practice).....and get punched the head...you can reflect on your *****as days.

At this point my wife pulled me away.

Dubbo Zoo is nice if you like that sort of stuff. Personally I would like to tour it with a 308 and a couple of bottles of Red. The Kids absolutley loved it (as did the wife) which makes me feel slightly bad but I pretended I was happy.

We hired pushbikes for the 2 days (aparently it is poor form using sleeping Galapagos turtles as a ramp) and stayed in the lodge overnight feeding lions (excellent) and a host of other animals which would make excellent coats.

Am I getting old? I have lost any semblence of sensitivity?

Glad to be gettng home sometime late today.

for years i have told you that these imbeciles are unbelievably incompetent. and you insisted on being the voice of reason. have not the pigeons come home to roost?

they are an absolute disgrace of telstra proportions.

i love zoos, could spend days in them. but at the moment, no need. my snake's grumpy bigger brother came to visit and wrapped himself around a bunch of fizz bottles. ever noticed how much the neck covering on a bottle of lanson looks like a python skin?

he was very grumpy to be removed. keeps that attitude up and he might get the wrong end of a shovel.

» "Qantas apologises for the 3 hr delay, but the piolt has located

» structural damage resulting from a bird strike".

»

» What the flying **** are these planes made of?

Recycled beer cans.

» for years i have told you that these imbeciles are unbelievably

» incompetent. and you insisted on being the voice of reason. have not the

» pigeons come home to roost?

» they are an absolute disgrace of telstra proportions.

I cant agree more. I refuse to use them if the services of another carrier are available. They have burnt me more times than I care to remember and everytime I complain they basically tell me "tough cookies".

Arrived at Brisbane 7:30pm. Qantas Terminal Brisbane had securiy breach (read...they let three people through without being scanned). Second time it has occured in a week.

They evecuated the terminal. Emptied planes on the tarmac ready to take off. Everyone had to be re-screened. There were thousands of people in a que to be re-screened the delay was hours.

You can't make this stuff up.

»

» I cant agree more. I refuse to use them if the services of another carrier

» are available. They have burnt me more times than I care to remember and

» everytime I complain they basically tell me "tough cookies".

one of the joys of being a writer is that occasionally one can have some fun. the stumbling wombat has appeared regularly and rarely favourably.

after a series of absolute disasters - lost luggage, cancelled, flights, getting half way down a runway at top speed then hitting the anchors (that was fun), and more, i was so sick of it, i had a few words. they could not have cared less and one chap even hung up. next call, i asked if they wanted to provide me with a quote. "a what?". "a quote for the article" etc etc.

within 24 hours i had managers of all sorts of depts on the phone wanting to know what they could do etc etc. scum!!! they don't bother if they think there is no comeback.

» *****as "Yes but you would be bumped. Only 6 seats remaining but business

» class is oversold by 12 seats"

»

» RA "Are you ******* serious?"

You know all those hundred or so plebes who sit behind you in Economy? They are all perfectly fine and normal people too ya know! I'm sure you could have found a nice seat in there somewhere, maybe even an aisle or window!

:-D :-D

» You know all those hundred or so plebes who sit behind you in Economy?

» They are all perfectly fine and normal people too ya know! I'm sure you

» could have found a nice seat in there somewhere, maybe even an aisle or

» window!

»

» :-D :-D

I did fly Economy :lookaround:

No way I was buying Business class seats for the family :-D

» Arrived at Brisbane 7:30pm. Qantas Terminal Brisbane had securiy breach

» (read...they let three people through without being scanned). Second time

» it has occured in a week.

»

» They evecuated the terminal. Emptied planes on the tarmac ready to take

» off. Everyone had to be re-screened. There were thousands of people in a

» que to be re-screened the delay was hours.

»

» You can't make this stuff up.

Next time I make it to Australia I'm going to check with you first to make sure you won't be anywhere near an airport during the times I will!

Just heard that a Qantas jet took a nosedive yesterday over Australia. The pilot was able to pull it out of the dive and make an emergency landing, but about 40 people were injured.

What is going on with Qantas???

» What is going on with Qantas???

Qantas is one of the most profitable ailines in the world (there arn't many).

We assume (they deny) that profitability has come through cost cutting. If they don't address re-assess the core issues then we fear a safety disaster which will be both tragic and bite their profitability in the arse.

» » What is going on with Qantas???

»

» Qantas is one of the most profitable ailines in the world (there arn't

» many).

»

» We assume (they deny) that profitability has come through cost cutting. If

» they don't address re-assess the core issues then we fear a safety disaster

» which will be both tragic and bite their profitability in the arse.

A friend of a friend of a friend of a friend etc told me that they have seriously cut spending on engineering personnel = safety. Tip of the iceberd the last few months - I it has only been the last 3 or so years that the planes have been diving and falling off runways - never happened (from memory) in the 90s or earlier.

However we all like cheap flights and they have to compete