Whatcha think of the Davidoffs?

Ok, I wanted to try one of these NC Davidoffs....so I bought the 12 cigar sampler. About 6 of them tasted like someone's old basement........maybe the cigars were bad??? What was that about????

Anyway, then I came to the Special torpedo. Man....was that a good smoke........nice and hearty with a good flavor.

I have no idea why the others tasted slightly wierd??? In my opinion, they aren't worth the price though....I just wanted to say "Hey, I tried a Davidofff".

Does anyone here like them?

Cheers,

Jay

I love the Special R's and the #2's and #3's from the Classic Line and actually tried for the first time today the new Winston Churchill by Davidoff. I had the #10 which is similar to a Robusto and it was amazing. They are def pricey though.

-Patrick

never heard of a davidoff special "R" torpedo before? the spec-R i know of is a robusto. but hey whatever.

i used to be super into the NC davi's, had a rather large collection of them for a while. IMO they are super good non cubans, i have liked just about everyone. my favorites are the #2, 2,000 tubos, special "R", Anni #3's and the 100th anni diademas.

in the NC world i personally do not think that davidoffs are overpriced. the construction is always flawless, great taste and they burn perfectly from begining to end.

if i were trapped on an island and the only thing there was a non cuban B&M, i would only smoke davidoffs and AVO's (which are davidoffs anyway,lol)

» never heard of a davidoff special "R" torpedo before? the spec-R i know of

» is a robusto. but hey whatever.

» i used to be super into the NC davi's, had a rather large collection of

» them for a while. IMO they are super good non cubans, i have liked just

» about everyone. my favorites are the #2, 2,000 tubos, special "R", Anni

» #3's and the 100th anni diademas.

» in the NC world i personally do not think that davidoffs are overpriced.

» the construction is always flawless, great taste and they burn perfectly

» from begining to end.

» if i were trapped on an island and the only thing there was a non cuban

» B&M, i would only smoke davidoffs and AVO's (which are davidoffs

» anyway,lol)

Actually that would be the Special "T". The Special line and the Millenium Blends are the ones I like best. If you age them they improve IMHO.

Honestly I don't buy they often due to price. Also Kellner has a distinct profile in his blends that you either enjoy or not.

» I love the Special R's and the #2's and #3's from the Classic Line and

» actually tried for the first time today the new Winston Churchill by

» Davidoff. I had the #10 which is similar to a Robusto and it was amazing.

» They are def pricey though.

»

» -Patrick

Patrick,

Let me know how the Winston's are....they look like they would be a darn good smoke.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay,

Although the reviews say they are a full bodied smoke, the #10 I had was medium bodied and smooth as ever. The burn and draw were excellent and the construction was flawless. The flavor profile was similar to what I get from Monte #4's that I have, cream and cocoa. If they weren't so damn expensive I would buy a box. I highly recommend everyone to try one.

-Patrick