Is this bogus?

Recieved this from a company that has been in business for at least 12yrs from what I can gather..

This sounds fishy to me but must admit really have no idea..

//////////////////

FYI Habanos has 3 channels:

Distributor licenses

Sales contracts

Direct sale from Cubatabaco or Habanos

I understand that you need to rest assured, but that's the way the cigar business is going and we cannot share any info related to our sourcing.

In this business the source is the key and the relationship supplier-client rules are inversed!

Either you trust your supplier and trust your own judgment of spotting counterfeits or you buy from your local distributor with a certificate of origin with each purchase!

///////////////////

» Either you trust your supplier and trust your own judgment of spotting counterfeits or you buy from your local distributor with a certificate of origin with each purchase!

Certainly evasive and very direct, almost like there is something to hide!

»

» FYI Habanos has 3 channels:

»

» Distributor licenses

» Sales contracts

» Direct sale from Cubatabaco or Habanos

»

» I understand that you need to rest assured, but that's the way the cigar

» business is going and we cannot share any info related to our sourcing.

» In this business the source is the key and the relationship

» supplier-client rules are inversed!

This is a rather typical responce when a "Grey Market" vendor has been asked about where he receives his cigars from. They will not disclose where they received their product from, so they become defensive. They are sourcing "Outside" the Authorized Distribution Channels and can not disclose the source or risk Habanos S.A. clamping down on the illegal operation. They can not provide "Providence", thus as they say, you either trust them or move on.

Personally, I prefer to deal with a company that CAN provide the "Providence" through correct and Authorized Distribution channels such as Club Czar, but that is me, you need to make your own decision.

They can not provide "Providence", thus as they say, you either

» trust them or move on.

»

» Personally, I prefer to deal with a company that CAN provide the

» "Providence" through correct and Authorized Distribution channels such as

» Club Czar, but that is me, you need to make your own decision.

Chuck, my friend, I really hate acting like a vocabulary cop, but I've seen you misuse "providence" for "provenance" a few times recently.

For Karlz:

prov·e·nance

n.

Place of origin; derivation.

1.The history of the ownership of an object, especially when documented or authenticated. Used of artworks, antiques, and books.

2. The records or documents authenticating such an object or the history of its ownership.

» »

» » FYI Habanos has 3 channels:

» »

» » Distributor licenses

» » Sales contracts

» » Direct sale from Cubatabaco or Habanos

» »

» » I understand that you need to rest assured, but that's the way the

» cigar

» » business is going and we cannot share any info related to our sourcing.

» » In this business the source is the key and the relationship

» » supplier-client rules are inversed!

» This is a rather typical responce when a "Grey Market" vendor has been

» asked about where he receives his cigars from. They will not disclose

» where they received their product from, so they become defensive. They are

» sourcing "Outside" the Authorized Distribution Channels and can not

» disclose the source or risk Habanos S.A. clamping down on the illegal

» operation. They can not provide "Providence", thus as they say, you either

» trust them or move on.

»

» Personally, I prefer to deal with a company that CAN provide the

» "Provenence" through correct and Authorized Distribution channels such as

» Club Czar, but that is me, you need to make your own decision.

Gray market is not bad in itself if you know what you are getting into up front.........some highly regarded vendors began by sourcing via the gray market. It is, though, to be sure, a buyer beware. I don't like the response you received and would source somewhere else! Thats just me though.

I heard some discussion of this this weekend and made me wonder if I can believe anything in the cigar bussiness. The origins of the cigars in Cuba is the problem. I believe Cuba has its issues of quality control, accountability and coruption. Now discard all this because I ain't never been there, all hersay. Prez. feel free to delete the post as I know you hate speculation.;-)

There is plenty of corruption within Habanos/Tabacuba. How else do you reconcile fake LE's being sold Geneva with LE wrapper.

I am confident the "dark days" of the past 7 years are coming to an end. The British (Imperial) are not finding it amusing.

There are a few very good Parralel suppiers out there but only one whom I have never heard of ever selling fakes and who has been in the business more than 10 years.

If you are in the business then you state your supplier. If you are a parallel then state so but no need to reveal sources. I wouldn't deal (if I were a normal individual customer)with any parallel importer who has not been in the business for more than 5 years.