Partagas Lusitania

havanaclub7

This is my review of a Partagas Lusi. Cigar came from 2007 Czar stock. I don't have box codes or dates as it was purchased in a bundle of singles from Czar.

Appearance/Pre-light: Beautiful light chocolate brown wrapper. Clipped the cap and torched the foot and immediately noticed the cigar had a perfect draw. No construction problems at all and the draw lasted through the entire smoke.

First third: Initial flavors of hazelnut, cedar and leather. None of the typical Partagas spice that would later emerge. I kept noticing how perfect the draw was.

Second third: The hazelnut/cedar/leather flavors developed into more toasty flavors with hints of black fruit. I would say the black fruit was like black cherry, but the flavor didn't completely come through. As the second third continued, there were hints of white pepper on the tip of the tongue.

Last third: The black fruits fade out and the pepper/spice gets stronger. The pepper continues to develop and then fades out into the toasty leather notes from before.

Overall: Perfect construction and flawless draw. I've had these over the years and I've had plugged Lusis from time to time. The quality could not have been better. I would score this cigar a solid 90 with potential for improvement. The cigar was a bit on the subtle side but I think the black fruit notes and the white pepper could develop into something very good.

Very nice review, HC7. I especially enjoyed your description of the flavors.

I got a cab of early '07 Lusi's that IMO show more promise than any Lusi's since the 90's. Incredibly rich, earthy profile with lots of complexity. They're in deep sleep.

» I got a cab of early '07 Lusi's that IMO show more promise than any Lusi's

» since the 90's. Incredibly rich, earthy profile with lots of complexity.

» They're in deep sleep.

I have found the same Shrink. Some spectacular examples since late 06 which should age magnificently. You still need to search for the great boxes but there has been an almost vaseline sheen to many.

» » I got a cab of early '07 Lusi's that IMO show more promise than any

» Lusi's

» » since the 90's. Incredibly rich, earthy profile with lots of

» complexity.

» » They're in deep sleep.

»

» I have found the same Shrink. Some spectacular examples since late 06

» which should age magnificently. You still need to search for the great

» boxes but there has been an almost vaseline sheen to many.

I really wish I had gotten a whole box of these, but, alas, I just don't have the room in my humidor.