Partagas Shorts

Spartan

Partagas Shorts (noob review)

Year/Box code: Unknown. This was part of a sampler I picked up from the Czar :ok:

pslv9.jpg

Prefight weigh-in: Well constructed, nice sheen, did have some veins but overall a nice looking cigar. clipped the cap, the draw was smooth with a taste of sweetness (cedar)

Round 1: PS comes out swinging...BAMM! I'm punched in the mouth with pepper, spice & burnt wood. I'm totaly caught off guard by this little guy. I thought the smoke had a nice aroma of burning wood. Nice looking ash and the burn was pretty even & sharp

(crappy cellphone pic)

psashof9.jpg

Round 2: PS is still trying to knock me out...throwing pepper & leather hay-makers at me. This little bastard is strong, I'm on the ropes but I wont go down.

Final round: PS seems to back off slightly (or I'm becoming punch drunk) no longer going for the one punch KO but still connecting with combinations of leather and spice. A peppery twang gave me a slight throat burn. I set it down with about 1 inch left.

Decision: The PS kicked my ass, this little cigar packs a serious punch, much more powerful than I expected. IMO: a pepper-spice hand grenade. Is this characteristic of the PS or maybe this bad-boy needed more humi time? Nevertheless, my advice to fellow noobs is be prepared if you step into the ring with the PS!

Sounds like a typical Partagas Short, a sweet peppery spice flavor bomb, rich with earth and leather. All types of green, yellow and especially red peppers throughout the entire cigar.

Yes you will find the same type of flavors in the Partagas marca. A good Partagas will knock you up side the head and call you Sally if you don't respect it! A real Man's Cigar! Not a foo foo driving miss daisy type of week ass cigar.

A good Partagas will knock you up side the head and call you Sally if you don't respect it! A real Man's Cigar! Not a foo foo driving miss daisy type of week ass cigar.

You never fail to impress me with your testosterone-fired macho, Chuck. Reliable sources have informed me that you have actually shredded young Party Shorts in a bowl, sprinkled some brown sugar on 'em, added milk, and ate 'em for breakfast.

What a MAN!

» Yup, I'll admit I was ***** slapped by this cigar :-P

» I also have two 8-9-8 in the humi, I can only imagine what they are all

» about :surprised:

Don't sweat it Spartan, the 898's are a very smooth ride in comparison to the shorts. I believe the shorts are a consistently good "quick" smoke in that they deliver a robust, full taste very quickly. The 898's on the other hand evolve throughout their length, starting off lightly and finishing strong. IMO, a good 898 can give any cigar on the planet a run for it's money.

» A good Partagas will knock you up side the head and call you Sally if

» you don't respect it! A real Man's Cigar! Not a foo foo driving miss daisy

» type of week ass cigar.

»

» You never fail to impress me with your testosterone-fired macho, Chuck.

» Reliable sources have informed me that you have actually shredded young

» Party Shorts in a bowl, sprinkled some brown sugar on 'em, added milk, and

» ate 'em for breakfast.

»

» What a MAN!

:rotfl:

I also use the Bands to clean my teeth with!:lookaround: