Calling for Partagas Reviews!

All Partagas reviews between now and September 30 go into the draw for a H. Upmann Travel humidor

Please post each of your reviews on a new thread.

Each review receives a ticket in the draw. The more reviews...the more tickets.

Please only complete reviews where you can detail box codes or as a minimum year of manufacture.

Good Luck!

I smoked a Partagas the other month and it was good. Hows that mate and what's my ticket #?;-)

When I get back from a long herf out of town I will send a real review. Thanks for the smokes in Va. boss.:ok:

This is easy! I was cleaning out a humi last night, making room for some new children. Found at the bottom one of many from a mid 2004 box of Lusi's. It was stained on the bottom, due to some kind of moisture problem.

So I decided to just fire it up, and have a nice single malt to complement. Best cigar I've had in months. Minimal burn problems, most fabulous taste. Close to Nirvana there for awhile.... sorry but no pics.

Fuglye in Fenix

• 2 weeks later...

Partagas Serie D No 4 (2005 I think).

This was my first try of Partagas cigars and also my first try of a cigar larger than a PC. One of the things that struck me most was a more consitent smoke taste-wise throughout the cigar compared to the more distinct 3rds of PC's.

A really enjoyable cigar, full of flavours but smooth too and I'll definitely be trying more, very impressed.

Here it was.....

choicesvc6.jpg

Most of them have been set alight already!

02 Partagas Corona from a cab of 50

I bought one cab of these from Rob and after smoking a few called Lisa and bought all the remaining cigars they had in the 50 cabs. This is one of the greatest cigars ever made on the planet. They are nothing special to look at without bands and unremarkable wrapper colors. The wrappers are smooth and colorado claro. When cut they draw, period. I am on the second cab having smoked over 75 of these and maybe had one snug one. If I need a cigar to deliver this is the one I dig for.

This is what a cigar should taste like and the corona size should be the bench mark mean of the marca. This is the gold standard for Partagas and should have never been discontinued. Shame on Habanos SA for dropping the center piece of the brand. Idiots for sure. The cigar has lovely flavors of earth spice and a hint of flowers. The stregth level is on the full side and is very satisfying. The ash is dark mottled grey and is not that pretty. The burn and draw are first rate and the cigar has no flaws whatsoever. If you saw this cigar alone you would never chose it because it looks plain. Light the SOB and be shocked!

Score 91 add 2 points for unasuming suprise=93 Only a great custom roll can equal the reliabillity of this cigar.

• 8 months later...

Interesting facts.

I won the drawing for this humidor last fall. Lisa emailed me that it had been shipped, but it didn't arrive. So Lisa sent a second prize to "Vince Jones." I've changed ISP's since then, so I don't have the date of the email in which Lisa told me the second one was sent, but it was no later than November.

It didn't arrive.

So Lisa and I agreed that, since it was a prize and not a purchase, two efforts were enough on her part.

Guess what? The prize addressed to Vince Jones was delivered to my home address yesterday! Astounding. I was positive that it had been seized or lost.

Anyway, Rob, thanks for the contest and thanks for a beautiful little leather travel humidor of 6 robusto sized cigars.

lol... Vince Jones!

No word of a lie... but I went to a terrific Vince Jones concert two weeks ago. He's bloody amazing. This dude can pump out some serious tune.

Great news Van! How was the condition on the cigars after all that time in hyperspace?

As soon as I unwrapped the humidor I put it directly in my humidor without really inspecting the cigars. I will put it out this evening and take a close look. I fear that they will have dried out considerably, but I hope I am wrong.

Great news Van!

It happens occasionally. You think they are lost or worst and "Bam" six months later they show up.

Enjoy!

I'll stay on the lookout for the first one that was shipped some time in October then, Rob. LOL

choicesvc6.jpg

Quick, move that Maestro far awwwway from that Macanudo. They are absolutely in the top 3 Regional releases to date. I really wish I had more of those, pure maple syrup!

All Partagas reviews between now and September 30 go into the draw for a H. Upmann Travel humidor

Good Luck!

Sweet, I am awaiting a cab of REC JUL 02 Partagas Lonsdales, I think I will do a "back to back" review of these and the 02 partagas coronas to compare once the Lonnies rest a little while.

Van, did you check the postmark on that package?

Maybe it was mailed from The Velvet Cigar only a day or two ago...

Packages mailed from the land of OZ bear no dated postmark that I have ever seen.

The cigars do seem to be in remarkably good shape, thank heaven.

Had a Series P No. 2 a few days ago.

My good chum bought it for me at our local shop. He checked the year 08, but didn't get the code.

The wrapper was uncharacteristically light.

Unlit it smelled good - tea and tobacco.

Once we fired them up, the aroma was fantastic, but the flavor was vile. They tasted like overly moist cigars burning hot.

We let them sit for 5-10 minutes to air out before we lit them up, so they weren't overly humid.

Maybe it was just a bad batch. WHo knows?

We didn't make it past the first third before we went to grab something different.

Had a Series P No. 2 a few days ago.

My good chum bought it for me at our local shop. He checked the year 08, but didn't get the code.

The wrapper was uncharacteristically light.

Unlit it smelled good - tea and tobacco.

Once we fired them up, the aroma was fantastic, but the flavor was vile. They tasted like overly moist cigars burning hot.

We let them sit for 5-10 minutes to air out before we lit them up, so they weren't overly humid.

Maybe it was just a bad batch. WHo knows?

We didn't make it past the first third before we went to grab something different.

Should this be here or in the reviews section?

Should this be here or in the reviews section?

This Partagas review comp you posted in was from late last year, it's pretty much finished (read through the posts). The current review request is for Bolivar, and that is in the review section.