Phoenix, AZ

Probably the only place, as of this writing, where you can enjoy a smoke and drink in Phoenix. Great walk in, great bar.

Magnums Cigar Lounge

731 E. Union Hills Dr.

Phoenix, AZ 85024

(602) 493-8977

Another great walk in and spot to smoke and talk, but not drink, is

Ambassador Fine Cigars

4912 E. Shea Blvd

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

480-905-1000

Both spots are highly recommended!

Hello and welcome to FOH.

Care to tell us a little about yourself? Your cigar background? I noticed that you registered in Oct of 2005, yet it has been nearly 3 years since you registered before your first post.

Do you work for either of these places?

While we are always interested in Cigar Friendly places around the world, I am just interested in why in your first post, when most everyone that has been around the cigar community for as long as you have been would typically post an Introduction and let the members know something about you.

Not for nothing, but you "Highly Recommend" both of these cigar locations in the Phoenix area, yet we know nothing of your qualifications to make any type of recommendation?

Always good to have more cigar friendly locations :-)

Let us know a little about yourself. To be honest I have no problem if you are affiliated with the businesses mentioned. I am a supporter of anyone in the industry who is doing a good job and providing a valued service.

» Hello and welcome to FOH.

»

» Care to tell us a little about yourself? Your cigar background? I noticed

» that you registered in Oct of 2005, yet it has been nearly 3 years since

» you registered before your first post.

»

» Do you work for either of these places?

»

» While we are always interested in Cigar Friendly places around the world,

» I am just interested in why in your first post, when most everyone that

» has been around the cigar community for as long as you have been would

» typically post an Introduction and let the members know something about

» you.

»

» Not for nothing, but you "Highly Recommend" both of these cigar locations

» in the Phoenix area, yet we know nothing of your qualifications to make

» any type of recommendation?

Hi Tampa,

Sorry for the lack of an intro, but here goes...

I live in the Chicago area and I sell ribs for a living (smoking ribs/smoking cigars, same thing right? Well close enough). My job allows me to travel around the US and I'm always looking for a place to enjoy a smoke, which in the US are fewer and fewer. I find it frustrating as hell to not be able to enjoy a cigar after a nice meal or with my customers while enjoying some drinks. While in Phoenix I found the 2 places I mentioned and I think they're both great and I'd like others to know about them. One of my clients in Phoenix is from Venezula and regularly goes to Cuba for fun and cigars. On my last 'business review' he handed me a RyJ Short Churchill tubo. Nice smoke.

I've been into cigars since 97. I usually just smoke Cubans but I don't feel like I'm cheating by enjoying the occasional Padron 1928 or Fuente Don Carlos. I'm into robusto size cigars, but I do have a few Siglo VI's from the aged inventory Rob made available a few months back. I'm still trying to find my dream cigar. It used to be D4's, then Bolivar RC and Ramon Allones SS. But I'm just not finding them as good or consistent as I remember them. So I'm always hunting, not a bad thing!

I usually only go through 1 or 2 sticks per week, so I don't have as much to contribute in terms of reviews and I don't have the patience to set boxes aside to age. But I do enjoy reading the reviews and seeing the great photos.

I've been a Czar customer probably since 98 or 99. Back when you used to get a free stick with every order (remember that Rob!). I actually still have a Sancho Panza Sancho freebie in my humidor that's probably close to 10 years old by now. I'm still waiting to find 2.5 hours to enjoy that puppy.

Anyway, I'm just here trying to enjoy life all the way around proudly wearing my FOH cap!

Regards,

Habanos2000

» Always good to have more cigar friendly locations :-)

»

» Let us know a little about yourself. To be honest I have no problem if you

» are affiliated with the businesses mentioned. I am a supporter of anyone in

» the industry who is doing a good job and providing a valued service.

Hi Rob,

I'm not affiliated with them at all, I'm just a poor cigar fan that needs a place to sit down and smoke. I like the idea of knowing and patronizing fine cigar merchants, especially in the US where it's harder to enjoy a cigar indoors than to buy drugs on a street corner.

I'm sorry I missed you when you were in Chicago. I was on vacation with my family and would have enjoyed seeing you. At least through your trip here I'm aware of another fine cigar establishment on the F-A-R south side!

Cheers,

Ken

I had the privilage to be in Phoenix, Az in May 2008. While there I spoke with many friendly people in Phoenix. I kept asking about the weather in August and everyone kept mentioning 'monsoons' (sp). I was too embarrassed to ask what monsoons were. Would you care to elaborate on what in the world a monsoon is. I know it pertains to the weather and believe it has something to do with rain and/or wind storms.

TIA

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...