Best / Favorite Non-Cubans

I going down to 8 st with another member called Nayden. After this trip I'm going to send some cigars....I will make sure to post.

El Prez are you up to this....I really would like to see how you would rate these smokes, and hear how you feel about them. Good, or Bad....I really would like to know.

I have a few Don Kiki that have been aged for over two years now...

» » don't have any NC favourites... just cuban favourites... sorry

»

» Taino. You are the only one in the midst carrying a light. :-) :-)

Taino have you had any of the brands I listed? I love Cuban cigars myself, but can bring myself to smoke one out doors, or fishing..well fishing sometimes....... You can smoke the Non Cuban cigar seeking the same profile............. What kind of profile do you like in a cigar....I will find a none Cuban and have you review it....

Kind of a test...... you know what else I wish I could do....IS take a Cuban Wraper, and have a None Cuban filler...??? Kind of crazy yes!

Another problem I have found with none Cuban Cigars is the aging process...most of them are not aged long....

Also don't make that statement to Cuban's on 8th about None Cuban vs. Cuban...remenber the Cuban here in US feel they are very Cuban...and being CUban is a state of mind..... Ask people in little Cuban NC.....or NJ

Is it the Wraper, or the filler?:-|

• 2 months later...

O.K.

I got a few e-mails on what I posted above, and kind of felt bad for not posting more information. Here are a few brands I forgot to include. Not to sound like I'm promoting...but I have pride in Miami, and Cuba being Cuban myself..

This is one of Miami best kept secrets. This brand is what the old school CUban's smoke.

Some information:

El Titan De Bronze™ Cigar Mfg. has been established since 1995 in Little Havana, Miami, FL. All of our cigars are hand crafted in the USA by “Level 9” rollers all of whom have worked for world-renowned factories such as Romeo y Julieta®, Corona®, and Partagas®. Each cigar is made in the traditional Cuban style of tubing the filler (entubado) and then finished off with a beautiful triple cap. Each “tarea” (days work) is then inspected by another Master Roller/Blender, boxed and dated to ensure the cigar is of the highest standard for the aficionado.

Cabaiguan - pronounced kah-bei-gWAHN, is named after a city in northern Sancti Spiritus province of Cuba. It is a medium bodied cuban style cigar, but we would consider it even stronger - especially towards the finish. A Connecticut seed Shade Grown Ecuadorian wrapper gives this cigar a burst of flavor and spice before lighting and mixes with the Nicaraguan blend of filler for an extremely flavorful smoke. Pepin's son, Jaime, worked with Pete during the blending process to produce this beauty.

La Riqueza-A new brand from Tatuaje creator Pete Johnson, La Riqueza means "The Wealth" in Spanish. An initial line-up of 5 vitolas.Nicaraguan Binder and Filler are encased in a Dark Natural Connecticut Broadleaf Wrapper. They are traditionally box pressed in the box.

There are some other blends I will update this soon....Hope not to make anyone mad, but I love the cigars from Miami....and we have to think these people left Cuba to bring it to Miami. Also these days I'm seeing, and smoking some great cigars.....the rating speak for themself... Not to say I still love my Cuban's, but smoke them on important dates.....like Friday!;-) Note non Cuban cigars are a different type of smoke.

I have to send some of these to El Prez and get his input on were Non Cuban's are these day...

Here are some photos:

image7916.jpg

image7917.jpg

I had a hard time getting these photos...

image7918.jpg

image7920.jpg

image7919.jpg