Yak Fish & Cigars: Florida Everglades Flamingo

You got me on the Hat! It get real hot out there so the Hat pro longs my time out on the water......;-)

Sometimes we eat the fish, but it is a rare event. Red fish are very good. Snook is perhaps the best fish I have had ever. We always try to let Snook go, because they are on a come back. Snook can get very big, and provide a good fight. Snook are related to Barramundi fish. I think the Barramundi fish get's bigger, and put out a harder fight. On the topic of Tarpon they get up 200 pound and up....

About 97% of the time we release....................3% we keep. I also try to pick up any junk I find like bottles etc.

I really love the Everglades.............

• 2 weeks later...

great photso and congrats on the hat. i've graduated to adding something called a buff (feel free to go to town, colt) but saves you more sun problems. currently have the fly fishing tan from a week away - fingertips and a strip around the right wrist between shirt and glove as one cast and triangle below the nek where the button was left undone one day.

• 3 months later...

Once again I had to get away from the city and go back to Flamingo Eveglades. It was a great trip check out some of the photos:

Day break:

image7226.jpg

Schools of Dolphin near by....one of them almost ran into us. They come closer every week end....

image7227.jpg

image7228.jpg

This guy also knows us........I'm sure he would love to run into our Kayak....he follows us around like a puppy dog....

image7229.jpg

image7230.jpg

Some back country:

image7231.jpg

O.K. let's get to the fishing photos: I lost two large Trapon which kick me about the flats.....

Before day break: Note the smoke before day light....:-(

image7233.jpg

image7232.jpg

Red Fish action:;-)

image7234.jpg

image7235.jpg

image7236.jpg

image7237.jpg

Snook action: ;-)

image7238.jpg

image7239.jpg

image7240.jpg

image7247.jpg

image7243.jpg

image7244.jpg

Notices the bug spray & Cigar both help with bugs::-P

image7245.jpg

image7246.jpg

After the long drive home I smoke one last cigar and take in the local vibe @ home:

image7249.jpg

image7250.jpg

image7248.jpg

image7251.jpg

» » Carlos, great pics as always - good to see you can still take a little

» time

» » for yourself.

» » But.......... you do know that you've taken to wearing a hat

» » Ken's?!?

» » »

» » »

» » image7253.jpg

»

» :clap::rotfl::clap:

you forgot to put " I love Carlos" on ken's hat. LOL! :-P

Hey

Brooklyn

You live in Miami? by the Air Port? Do you have a Kayak?

On the Kayak question you can find them used for about $200....It depends what kind of fishing you want to do also......??? Let me know I'm always looking to go fishing.......depends on what your goal is?

image7319.jpg

If you live by the Air Port you could hit the lakes around the Air-port: Blue Lagoon etc: It is on my list to do....it has Tarpon, BASS, Peacock bass.....and sometimes Snook...

Here some information:

C-4 Miami International Airport Lakes

The Miami International Airport Lake system consists of six lakes and the eastern section of the Tamiami Canal. C-4 connects three of these lakes. This area is located between 826 and LeJeune Road just south of the airport.

DIRECTIONS

To reach this destination, take 826 or 1-95 to 836. Take 836 (east form 826 or west from 1-95) to NW 57th Avenue (Red Road). Go south on Red Road to NW 7th Avenue. This road takes you to the only two spots that can be fished from shore and to the boat ramp that services the lake system.

DESCRIPTION

The Miami International Airport Lakes are the best-known peacock waters in South Florida, and many guides consider them to be the most productive in the area. From 826, the Tamiami Canal runs northeast for about one and one-half miles and intersects Lake Mahar. The canal continues for about another one and one-half miles into Blue Lagoon Lake, and from there it runs northeast through Glide Angle Lake on the north side of 836. It continues in this direction until just east of LeJeune Road where there is a spillway which separates the fresh- and saltwater sections of the canal. Peacock bass swim the entire system west of the spillway. There are three other lakes located between C-J and 836 west of Blue Lagoon Lake.

The MIA Lakes are very difficult to fish from shore. The land between C-4 and 83h is Owned by Waterford at Blue Lagoon Corporate Park, and if you attempt to park and fish anywhere in this area security guards will run you off in a hurry. The southern banks of C-4 and Lake Mahar are residential, as is the southern side of Blue Lagoon Lake, which is bordered by apartment buildings with fenced parking lots. There are two spots, however, where shore fishing is possible: >NW 57th Avenue (Red Road) and NW 7th Street--Park at the north-west corner of this intersection at the Air Park Plaza strip mall. The banks behind the mall are low and easy to fish.

>NW 58th Court and NW 7th Street --You can fish here by parking in the St. Dominic Church parking lot, which is located just east of Pan American Hospital on NW 7th Street. This is a nice spot with lots of shade trees and low banks. Don't try this on Sundays, the lot gets a bit full.