State of Origin Victory cigars

Well, the mighty maroons of QLD got up over the Blue evil last night in the Rugby League State of Origin. What cigars were smoked to celebrate?

PS. Go Melbourne Storm and Cam Smith.

» Well, the mighty maroons of QLD got up over the Blue evil last night in the

» Rugby League State of Origin. What cigars were smoked to celebrate?

»

» PS. Go Melbourne Storm and Cam Smith.

I think 'Bring back the Biff' was a winner last night - three seperate fights which unfortunately were quashed before turining into full-blown brawls.

NSW didn't capitalise on their time in opposition territory. Full credit to the Maroons...

ps Paul Gallen should be shot.

no cigars for me.

» I thought Spain won......

This is better. The mighty Queenslanders beat the arch foe in the final game to clinch the series 2-1 for the third year in a row. Brutal game...fights, speartackles, guts and glory.

I retired to the home deck and polished off a Cohiba Robuso and a bottle of Two Hands Lilly Shiraz.

Great night :ok:

Promising stuff from NSW - their forwards kept them in the game. Thought young Pearce went well - at 19 has a long way to go but really did nothing wrong - having said that he didn't do anything really special and NSW never looked like scoring a try after the first one.

But there is hope that in a couple of years NSW may have some backs who can match Qld but Qld will continue to win until then.

A backline that includes Folau, Inglis, Thurston, Prince, Tait and Hodges will continue to win games for at least 3 years, probaly more, provided their forwards can at least gain parity - which always happens.

The only joy is that the Tahs will continue to smash the Reds for the same period of time:-D

» A backline that includes Folau, Inglis, Thurston, Prince, Tait and Hodges

» will continue to win games for at least 3 years, probaly more,

What you have already assigned Slater to the bench??

»

» A backline that includes Folau, Inglis, Thurston, Prince, Tait and Hodges

» will continue to win games for at least 3 years, probaly more, provided

» their forwards can at least gain parity - which always happens.

»

» The only joy is that the Tahs will continue to smash the Reds for the same

» period of time:-D

first, yes i agree with smithy - slater gone?? then there is karmichael hunt. the most courageous bloke playing today and fortunately, as talented as almost anyone in the game.

but you have forgotten one bloke, keen to be back next year - darren lockyer. not bad when qld can do it without the best player in the world.

nsw's only chance - because you are not going to match those backs, barring a bcket of injuries, is to dominate in the forwards. do that and doesn't matter how good our backs are. still, you have to score points and in the last two games, one try and that was when we were a man down as prince went off and they had not yet adjusted.

as for the reds, don't write them off. i'm very confident it'll be a big win in sydney in 09.

Ah yes Slater - forgot about him ... repressed memory. It hurts too much.

Lockyer will surely have to give up rep football very soon. I would be surprised if he plays next year but i guess all indications are that he will if not injured.

NSW will never monster the Qld pack enough to warrant victory on that alone.

The only way NSW will win an origin game is if Qld doesn't turn up for the game mentally - like game 1 this year (and gets caned by the ref!).

Looking forward to the Tahs / Reds game in Sydney next year - with the banter starting already it's hard to believe it's only 11 or so months away!

my understanding is that there was talk of lockyer bowing out after this year's world cup but that in mssing the rep season this year, he feels he has more to do. mal wants him back. i think it all depends on the knee and i suspect he'll not rush the cmeback again. if it holds, lockyer directing that backline around the park would be a joy to watch.