Only in Sweden... (?)

For me, this just feels totally ridiculous...

Reminds me on the time in school during the ninetees when we were forbidden to sing the national anthem on our national day, cause the teachers said it was equal to racism.

From BBC news:

An eight-year-old boy has sparked an unlikely outcry in Sweden after failing to invite two of his classmates to his birthday party.

The boy's school says he has violated the children's rights and has complained to the Swedish Parliament.

The school, in Lund, southern Sweden, argues that if invitations are handed out on school premises then it must ensure there is no discrimination.

The boy's father has lodged a complaint with the parliamentary ombudsman.

He says the two children were left out because one did not invite his son to his own party and he had fallen out with the other one.

The boy handed out his birthday invitations during class-time and when the teacher spotted that two children had not received one the invitations were confiscated.

"My son has taken it pretty hard," the boy's father told the newspaper Sydsvenskan.

"No one has the right to confiscate someone's property in this way, it's like taking someone's post," he added.

A verdict on the matter is likely to be reached in September, in time for the next school year.

my views on guns are, apparently best kept to myself according to rob who doesn't want me to offend any more of his markets (how are sales in new zealand going?) but for this teacher and the imbecilic administration, i would make an exception.

people like that should not be allowed near children, indeed they should not be allowed to breathe. that makes it official. civilisation is in freefall.

» For me, this just feels totally ridiculous...

»

» Reminds me on the time in school during the ninetees when we were

» forbidden to sing the national anthem on our national day, cause the

» teachers said it was equal to racism.

Most of Japanese students also don't sing the anthem even when their graduation , Because Red teachers prohibit them to do it.

It comes from teachers' ideology and differs from Sweden's though..